Nice people at Gooch

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I just talked to man and he said they got in one blind and he said every time the birds would swing the guys in another blind would shoot at them.
The birds were 100+ yards from the guys doing the shooting.

They moved blinds, to get away from the swing shooters but it didn't help much as every time they had a group working they would shoot, obviously just to be shooting because man said they could see the sky above their blind and nothing was above them.

There was another blind, 31, just across the boat ditch from the blind they were in and the guy rode over in the boat and said we are almost limited out.
Give us about 15 minutes to eat lunch then yall come over and hunt with us.

So then man and the 3 people with him went to their blind and finished the day hunting with them.
Man said there wasn't enough open holes so he just sat back and watched.
Said they killed 6 greenheads and then the birds quit flying.

The guy got man's name and phone number and said every time we got an empty hole I will call you.
He also told him one day this week they weren't hunting at all and told him to make it his blind.
Man asked him why and the guy said because of those guys over there. He said I been putting up with it all year and I am done with it.
Ya'll hunt all you can and give them heck !

I guess I am just different but WHY would you just shoot to flare ducks off of someone else?
I mean really, what do you gain?

I can see why blinds get burned out if many people acted like that.
Gonna get the guy's name that let man and them hunt with them and give him a call and thank him for being a true hunter.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
LOL I just text a guy I know at work and asked him if he knew who hunted blind XX. (The swing and flare shooters)
He replied, "Yes I do."

Later I text him again and said, "Well who is it?"

He replied with some initials.
So apparently they know what they are doing and so does he.
Doesn't surprise me really.
Piece of trash imho.

rem270

It's ridiculous but it happens. No telling how many fights break out over that every year.

Pretty cool of the dude to invite them to his blind.

Is that down at Crockett?

Grizzly Johnson

Ruger, I would take that opportunity as a sign..... keep in good relations with that guy and offer to help in the future with blinds, decoys, and/or going to the draw with his group if he is so inclined to have you and MAN.... heck, I'd even buy him lunch or supper somewhere just to leave a good impression. Good guys like that are not in every blind as MAN found out. Swing shooters and sky busters are worthless trash in the field.

Latest posts