Next Gun Questions

Displaced_Vol

Debating my shotgun purchase. Pretty well decided on a sub bore & semi auto. Mainly because I've already got other shotguns in 12 gauge (affinity & 835) and a couple older 20s (870 & al48, both with fixed barrels). I am starting to reload some so I am hoping to maximize the 20 or 16 gauge with better quality ammo to match.

Option 1: newer 20 gauge. Affinity elite, benelli (monte or m2) in camo or maybe already cerakoted.

Option 2: older wood & blue gun. Heres where I need some advice. I love the look & feel of the older A5s. From my little understanding the ones made in Japan have barrels that are good to shoot steel, & have interchangeable chokes. Did they make 20 gauges in this particular variety or 16 gauges?

The more I think about it the more I think I like the idea of getting an old, proven gun that's wood & blued and being ok with it getting scratched up & worn. There's something nostalgic about a gun with a little patina to it.

Either way I don't plan on the next gun being my last gun by any stretch. Just hoping to get a good gun for killin a lot of critters, mainly turkey & ducks.

Latest posts