New to TN and looking forward to the whitetail bowhunting!

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Moved from CO to Paris TN recently and looking forward to the deer bowhunting. People ask me why I would move from CO to TN and I tell them for the cheap cost of living, no snow, the gorgeous scenery, and the awesome hunting and fishing! Looking for hunting buddies near Paris and a possible deer l
If you are Lucky you'll see snow in Paris for a week or so. Not so lucky and it'll be a week of ice. Usually around Jan. sometime. I've met several people in Camden recently that made the same move. Welcome to West Tn.

cbhunter

Welcome to the campfire and the great state of Tennessee! You moved to one of the top counties in the state for numbers of deer killed per year historically. I'm just south of you in Carroll County. Best wishes in your pursuit!

Chickencoop96

Moved from CO to Paris TN recently and looking forward to the deer bowhunting. People ask me why I would move from CO to TN and I tell them for the cheap cost of living, no snow, the gorgeous scenery, and the awesome hunting and fishing! Looking for hunting buddies near Paris and a possible deer lease.
Welcome to TN! I lived in CO Springs for about 4 years and hated it LOL. we may not have the wildlife diversity that colorado has but were are not too far off and you can actually get a chance to hunt deer here. good luck!

Stick & String

Yea CO is nice because of the elk hunting and mountains but I can't stand the number of people and their politics. I fit in TN much better. We really like the Paris area. I can actually hunt deer in my back yard. We shot two out there so far. Only own 5 acres but it backs up to TVA property. Matt

Stick & String

Welcome to the fire. This eastern stand hunting is a bit different but it will get in your blood quick! Enjoy the place !
Thanks Tree Ghost. Yea it is quite a bit different. I'm not used to hunting the big woods and not quite sure how to hunt them. In CO we hunt mostly river bottoms which are easier to hunt. How do you go about hunting the big woods? Matt

tree_ghost

Thanks Tree Ghost. Yea it is quite a bit different. I'm not used to hunting the big woods and not quite sure how to hunt them. In CO we hunt mostly river bottoms which are easier to hunt. How do you go about hunting the big woods? Matt
Well that's a loaded question. IMO the first thing you have to do is decide when you plan to hunt because depending on when that is your tactics will change to be more effective at the appropriate time. For instance late season, which is where we are now, I would key in on cover and food. The deer have been hunted hard the last few months. They're on edge and desperately trying to avoid the hunting pressure. If you can locate a thicket that hasn't had hunters on it you'll likely be on the deer. It would make it that much sweeter to have some oaks dropping in close proximity to that thicket I'm speaking of.

Stick & String

Thank you. That is some good advice. I will probably hunt the whole season. I love bowhunting so would concentrate on that but am not against muzzleloader or rifle. I can't believe you guys have such a long rifle season lol.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Moved from CO to Paris TN recently and looking forward to the deer bowhunting. People ask me why I would move from CO to TN and I tell them for the cheap cost of living, no snow, the gorgeous scenery, and the awesome hunting and fishing! Looking for hunting buddies near Paris and a possible deer lease.
Welcome! My friend in Denver is bailing on Colorado and moving to Wyoming.

Latest posts