new to Tennessee, looking for some advice

big_chin

just moved to Tennessee from the east coast and know nothing about duck hunting here. looking for some tips, advice, and the in' and outs for our state. if there are some good public land spots a guy can cut his teeth on, I'm all ears.

if duck hunting in Tennessee is anything like North Carolina, I'm definitely not asking for the honey holes and sweet spots. guys on the east coast were definitely tight with the info, completely understand as you can put in a lot of work and $$$ to make your spot and don't want some carpet baggers reaping the benefits.

Pic IN the Casa

Noticed you're from Clarksville?
You are closest to Haynes Bottom. Out of all of the blinds there only 3-4 of them have any consistency of being producers. That said you could easily jump a blind now and then and hope for the best. All of them can be walked or utv'd to.
Camden or Reelfoot are much better but a lot harder to jump (need a boat for almost all of them) plus they are usually always hunted.

Otherwise hire a guide at Reelfoot.

big_chin

Noticed you're from Clarksville?
You are closest to Haynes Bottom. Out of all of the blinds there only 3-4 of them have any consistency of being producers. That said you could easily jump a blind now and then and hope for the best. All of them can be walked or utv'd to.
Camden or Reelfoot are much better but a lot harder to jump (need a boat for almost all of them) plus they are usually always hunted.

Otherwise hire a guide at Reelfoot.

when you say jump a blind, are these a free for all or do you need to reserve. majority of my duck hunting was in Oklahoma pond jumping with a buddy in his truck or wading the swamps near Bragg so not too familiar with some terms yet. as long as I'm not stepping over other guys who've already staked a claim, I'm not opposed to walking it in anywhere.

Pic IN the Casa

when you say jump a blind, are these a free for all or do you need to reserve. majority of my duck hunting was in Oklahoma pond jumping with a buddy in his truck or wading the swamps near Bragg so not too familiar with some terms yet. as long as I'm not stepping over other guys who've already staked a claim, I'm not opposed to walking it in anywhere.
I may not say this completely correct since the new rules came out but...
If your name was chosen in the draw and you had 5 buddies in your group You are the blind holder and your 5 buddies are 'card holders'. Your group has legal right to that blind up until sunrise. Meaning no one can jump that blind if any of them are in there. But if none of you are there at sunrise the blind is up for grabs. If I get there first it's mine for the day (as long as I'm in it).

MickThompson

I may not say this completely correct since the new rules came out but...
If your name was chosen in the draw and you had 5 buddies in your group You are the blind holder and your 5 buddies are 'card holders'. Your group has legal right to that blind up until sunrise. Meaning no one can jump that blind if any of them are in there. But if none of you are there at sunrise the blind is up for grabs. If I get there first it's mine for the day (as long as I'm in it).
Legal shooting time is 30 minutes before sunrise. You can't boot anybody after LST

Latest posts