Mallard Estates Brownsville Haywood County Tennessee update

bowhunterfanatic

It's a guided hunt.
Varies day to day.
Basing on information from what I am being told regardless of number of clients they demand 100% honesty/legal daily.
My home borders their land.
Top knotch great people that do it right
I played in a golf tourney with the owner a few summers back. Seemed like a super nice guy

tickweed

What makes it so good there? Serious question.
Across river from Hatchie national wildlife refuge. Been established prob 10 plus yrs. That basin really was hot yrs ago, all my life. big bend, armor field, now them. Armor field is a couple miles below hwy 100. Also owned by same lady who owns mallard estates. At one time one of the best producing fields in the basin. Duks seem to not use that upper part of river much anymore. 1998 was prob last really good yr. Seems duks now stop at refuge, dont come up any farther. Ask Chaneylake. He remembers when that bottom was as good as anywhere in West Tn.

gasman

What makes it so good there? Serious question.
Lots and Lots of corn.... Pumps to keep the holes open last week when EVERYTHING else was locked up, pump and drain, pump and drain... Corn... Corn.... And more Corn... Did i mention they plant a LOT of corn?

The Refuge hasn't done anything for the waterfowl in several years, so the ducks have to go somewhere. Why not stop at the places with lots of food?

Bgoodman30

Lots and Lots of corn.... Pumps to keep the holes open last week when EVERYTHING else was locked up, pump and drain, pump and drain... Corn... Corn.... And more Corn... Did i mention they plant a LOT of corn?

The Refuge hasn't done anything for the waterfowl in several years, so the ducks have to go somewhere. Why not stop at the places with lots of food?

Yep those that kept water with food open through the last week reaped the benefits big time and still are. I know some smaller holes that have killed over three hundred last week just because they worked hard keeping it open.

Bgoodman30

Across river from Hatchie national wildlife refuge. Been established prob 10 plus yrs. That basin really was hot yrs ago, all my life. big bend, armor field, now them. Armor field is a couple miles below hwy 100. Also owned by same lady who owns mallard estates. At one time one of the best producing fields in the basin. Duks seem to not use that upper part of river much anymore. 1998 was prob last really good yr. Seems duks now stop at refuge, dont come up any farther. Ask Chaneylake. He remembers when that bottom was as good as anywhere in West Tn.

The only constant in duck hunting is change…

Latest posts