new to crossbows a few ?????

jethro69

I have bow hunted for years new to crossbow heres a few questions I have a Horton Brotherhood 160

1- what is the best weightfor the bolt
2- fixed or expandable broadhead
3- rail lube how often?
4- it came with 20 inch bolt is that what should be used
thank for any input

Dienamic

1. Light for speed heavy for penetration.
2. Both kill deer. I use fixed.
3. After every shooting session or every weekend.
4. I shoot 22". Anything over 20 I would think mostly make sure the broadhead clears the flight rail.

smokepolehall

Came with 20" arrow so thats what to use, rail lube ck Hortons directons as i don't own one. BH's fixed n mech. both have some good one's out there. I tend to use mech Spitfire mostly. Fixed i have good luck using Slicktrick mag, Montec G5 & Striker.Several more i have but the listed are very good

cecil30-30

Crossbows have a minimum wieght for their arrows,you need to check the manufacturer's reccomendations.I know my wicked ridge invader calls for a minimum 420 gr arrow wieght.And its just a perssonal prefrence on what broadhead to use.I like the Spitfire's by NAP.I used the regular spitfire last year,this year im useing spitfire maxx

jethro69

Does the rail lube go from one end of the rail to the other in the channel and the top of the rail?

Dienamic

Rail lube cuts down friction from string to flight deck. Anywhere the string touches. Full length of the rail.

Latest posts