New to ATVs...Advice

Superduty Guy

i have a 95 honda 300 4x4 that i absolutely love, 15 yrs later and no problems at all, doesnt pull food plot equipment but i can go anywhere and i mean anywhere the bigger bikes go and sometimes more places, sometimes bigger is not better especially height wise ground clearence is good but when your setting up taller limbs and brush start hurting amd somethimes flipping over doesnt fell good either, now with that said i am planning on going up a little to at least a 400 or 450 HONDA 4x4 for doing food plots and letting the ms have the 300 (lol)

JeepKuntry

Some of the questions I have:
1) What would be considered excess mileage? My guage is 6 miles per hour or better. The lower the mileage and higher hours could reflect that is was used hard.
2) What size? Am considering getting into a lease in the near future, buying land a few years down the road and putting in food plots. If your just wanting to tool around, I'd get a Yamaha 450 w/ fuel injection, IRS or the new Honda Rancher that has those options.
3) Is a wench reccomended? For general use, no.
4) Trailer or ramps? Trailer
5) Updated question: Are there any concerns for an ATV with a lift kit? Do not buy an atv w/ a lift kit unless you plan for it to be a muddin quad only.

FYI, avoid Polaris and Kawasaki unless your an excellent mechanic, or you have tons of money.

Latest posts