New rifle for my scope

megalomaniac

Well, just couldn't pass this one up... it's a caliber I've been wanting to build for some time, and I've even assembled all the components (action, stock, bottom metal, etc), and just couldn't make myself pull the trigger... custom rifles lose so much value to anyone other than the builder.

When I saw this, just had to have it..

6.5 WSM, trued/squared
Wyatt's box, long throated to shoot the 140gr Bergers (.62 BC) at 3250-3300fps
27" Pacnor 3 groove fluted supermatch barrel with Vais brake and thread protector 8.5 twist; sendero contour
McMillan HTG stock
William's bottom metal
Jewell trigger
pillar and skim bedded
coated in gun-kote
custom forming dies from 270 WSM and 150 rds brass

round count 200. Looks like it should shoot in the .3's-.4's

Hopefully in next week and to the range next weekend. Should be dialed in to stretch it's legs by the time I come up in April.

Got it for less than half of what it would have cost me to build it myself :)

newrifle.jpg

redblood

You are about custom rigs losing value. Love the round you chose. But man that thing looks heavy. What are u gonna do with it. Would want that round built in a thin light gun about 6lbs.

megalomaniac

Wyatt's aren't really needed unless you're planning on shooting long-for-caliber bullets and intentionally cut the throat accordingly to maximize powder capacity in the case. You can certainly get by with one in the chamber and another on the ramp, but the box is only $30-$35 bucks and a little bit of milling work on the receiver.

I'm intersted in the Jewell trigger... I've always thought that a well tuned Remington factory trigger was hard to beat.

Latest posts