New pop-up camper maiden voyage tonight

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Got me a new (to me) pop-up camper last November due to spoon's generosity and kind spirit.
With my father's death and the events following I pretty much did nothing with it until this week.
Spent 1 full day and 3 afternoons working on repairing the canvas and a couple other mechanical issues.
Then all I did was clean it real good.
Looks FANTASTIC and I am proud as a peach over it.

Headed out this afternoon after work and we will use it for the first time this weekend.
I can't wait ! :D

Rev Ev

Minus a few range showers, should be a good weekend to go. Supposed to drop like 15 degrees.

Poor redneck

Hope your first outing was great. We had one for several years and now have a hybrid. Anyway just thought I would throw out a couple of tips I learned with ours in cold (deer season) weather camping. Those emergancy blankets (the thick ones from Cabela's) are great to put over the bed ends with shiney side down to help retain some heat inside and also in summer shiney side up to reflect some of the sun's heat off. We also bought some reflectix (sp?, Basicely bubble wrap sandwiched between aluminum foil) from Lowes and cut to fit the bed end windows and for under the mattresses. These simple mod's made a 15 to 20 degree differance inside the camper. Would be glad to share anything I know about them if you have any question's.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Very cool, I will check into that.

It went great this past weekend and it is looking like we will be using it again this weekend. :D

Latest posts