New Nosler All Copper bullets

OldFart

Anyone with experience with this bullet? .338 WIN MAG> (200 g)? Also, how about Nosler Partition 210g? I'm considering using my ,338 WIN Mag for deer this fall. I have better glass on my ,338.

Last edited:

DaveB

Aren't the E-tips monolithic copper? Seems like they must be, they are legal in California.

I'm kind of a Nosler fan so the Partition or an Accubond would be my first choice.

Here ya go--SPS has them and some other choices, price seems mostly good

OldFart

The Etips are all copper except for the tip. From my understanding by reading, the ACCUBonds are designed more for penetration than quick expansion and I need quick expansion for whitetails. The Partitions expand quickly and might work. I have been handloading Nosler Partitions for almost 60 years. (elk and even 1 moose). Handload Partitions for daughter's .243 and my 30 06.(also several elk)

Hunter 257W

If I wanted fast expansion I'd stay away from any solid copper bullet. The Partition has given me the most instant kills for jacketed bullets. I think it's because the nose blows up fast and does a lot of damage then the base continues to usually exit for blood loss. Hard to beat for a hunting bullet really. But for a 338 Mag even the Partition is a waste in my opinion. I'd go with a conventional thin jacketed bullet. You've got an excess amount of mass there so what difference does it make if it loses 50% on impact? You've still got as much or more than most deer rifles start with to keep on penetrating.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Most monos will not expand rapidly. The exception are Hammers. I plan to try the Hammers soon, but it may be next summer. From everything I've heard, the Nosler E-tips are going to expand slower than the Accubonds.

OldFart

Having second thoughts. Maybe try a Speer 200g?? It has a thinner jacket and should open faster.
Or maybe eventually try the Speer AND the other two aforementioned? Also, it seems extremely hard to find anything in stock! I realize this is nothing new!

Billboy

I've taken a bunch of deer with my 300 WIN Mag using 168TTSX and they perform well. No big blowup like a typical non-bonded jacketed bullet. Minimal meat damage, but deer rarely make it more than 1 or 2 leaps. Also used 180 Accubonds with great success. I also have a 338 RUM which performs amazingly well with the 210TTSX. Ultimately, the alloy and cavity design of the copper bullets determines the performance. Just need to shoot a few critters and see which one gives you the desired results.

Latest posts