Pulled Bullets

OldFart

How about accuracy and safety of bullets pulled from shells? I used a Collet bullet puller which screws into press and is tightened to grip the bullet, Then move the handle down to extract bullet. Thanks

Remi

I don't know how they would do at distance but 100-200yds I've never had issues with pulls. Collet pullers are usually easy on jackets so I wouldn't expect issues even further out but Ive not shot pulls much past 200yds.

fairchaser

I wouldn't use pulled bullets in a match but have used them for practice and for fire forming and they have worked just fine. I usually pull them with a collet style puller but have hammered them out as well.

Rubberduck270

I've pulled LR Accubonds before and deformed the ogive but every other bullet I've pulled showed very little sign of ever being pulled. I still used the LRA's for sighting in with no problems.

DaveB

Been using the Forster collet puller since prolly late 1980's. Used every one I pulled. I have a BUNCH of collets.

I also use a hammer puller, mostly for 223 and 9's.

My Son loaded 75 300 WM 180 partitions without setting the balance on the RCBS 10/10 and every load was over 2 grains. I spread christmas wrapping paper all over the area because I figured I'd be spraying 7828 everywhere. Coupla practice tries and everything went smooth. Made a real believer of me. I used the 7828 back in the same loads. Accuracy was near perfect as I was still using the A-Bolt BOSS with the muzzle brake.

Tiny

I really don't care to use pulled bullets for accuracy n or load work ups.
I have used them for plinking n such no real accuracy issues..Prefect with Trailboss for Fun.
I would advise a carefull inspect the pulled bullets for deformity.. As some are heck to pull no matter the puller.
Esp if crimped or work hardened cases are involved.

Latest posts