New Hunter in Tipton County

bfowler02

Hi All,
Just joined as I'm getting into hunting and I figured I would join a like minded group. I live in Atoka and work as an Aircraft mechanic. I need to learn a lot as I have not done any hunting since I was a kid with my family up north . I'm hoping to learn a lot on this forum . MY rifle is a 7mm RUM that my dad gave me. I hear that may be overkill for whitetail though. I was thinking about picking up a .270 Winchester at some point due to ammunition for the 7mm rum being outrageous and hard to find.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Glad to have you! I just moved from Munford to Arlington but still hunt public up that way a bit. Once season starts look me up and we can go out a few times.

bfowler02

Glad to have you! I just moved from Munford to Arlington but still hunt public up that way a bit. Once season starts look me up and we can go out a few times.
That's interesting as we moved from Arlington to Atoka. I appreciate the offer and can hopefully take you up on it

Safari Hunt

Welcome. Your rifle is OK. Better too much than not enough. Good luck in finding ammo. Editing- looked up the caliber and one website said it wasn't for a novice reloader. Now, the fly in the ointment would be finding someone to buy it, given the scarcity of ammo.

bfowler02

Welcome. Your rifle is OK. Better too much than not enough. Good luck in finding ammo. Editing- looked up the caliber and one website said it wasn't for a novice reloader. Now, the fly in the ointment would be finding someone to buy it, given the scarcity of ammo.
Yea ammunition is the problem for sure. Its unavailable at the moment and not sure when I will be able to get more. Ive been wanting a second rifle anyhow so I picked up a Mossberg Patriot predator .308 today . It seems to be a decent entry level rifle and the ammunition is much easier to come by and cheaper then the 7mm Rum . I'm excited to shoot it , I just need to get to the range.

bfowler02

Welcome to a great campfire. You are in my neck of the woods and I can typically help out with most any hunting question as it pertains to hunting in west and middle TN. If I do not know the answer, I will help you find the answer.
Thanks Andy I sure do appreciate the help you have already given me in my other thread. Have a good night.

Latest posts