New Glock

fullstream

Got a Glock 43x this week. Haven't shot it yet, just got the sight last night. Got a couple of the shield magazine's as well. So far I like the way it feels and look forward to zeroing the sight (got a green dot this time) and putting a couple hundred rounds through it.

Attachments

• B17F6991-70BE-455E-9E03-9691D23CBD75.jpeg
    B17F6991-70BE-455E-9E03-9691D23CBD75.jpeg
    365.6 KB · Views: 59

peytoncreekhunter

Got a Glock 43x this week. Haven't shot it yet, just got the sight last night. Got a couple of the shield magazine's as well. So far I like the way it feels and look forward to zeroing the sight (got a green dot this time) and putting a couple hundred rounds through it.

Did you buy the metal mag release button for the shield magazines? I've heard the metal mags wear on the oem release button.

UCStandSitter

Did you buy the metal mag release button for the shield magazines? I've heard the metal mags wear on the oem release button.
This. They will wear out that factory release over time. You can swap this out yourself. Slightly tricky but not overly difficult with a little patience. Lots of YT vids on the process

Daniel n

Same here, but difference going from the Glock 27 to the 43x. I put on tritium sights.
Planned on the shield mags but haven't pulled the trigger yet, glad to get the heads up about the mag release.
I went with the shield mags, shield mags release, ghost connector, and vickers extended slide release. I also want to add a mag well, but haven't found the one I want yet. The only complaint I have, it still will run a factory mag, but when you hit the release they don't drop right out. You have to give a little pull. But of course I don't run the factory mags except at the range.

UCStandSitter

When combined with the shield mags this is the best concealed carry handgun available in my opinion.
I go back and forth between the 43x and 48. 48 fits my hand better and is concealable. 43x is super concealable if not a bit small in my hand. Not sure there is room for something in between here that would be Goldilocks for me. Like both of em though

Spurhunter

I go back and forth between the 43x and 48. 48 fits my hand better and is concealable. 43x is super concealable if not a bit small in my hand. Not sure there is room for something in between here that would be Goldilocks for me. Like both of em though
I haven't seen a 48 in person. The 43x fits my hand pretty well. The 43 is a little small.

UCStandSitter

48 is basically just a single stack G19 really. I have bigger hands so it really helps me control it better. I can manage with the 43x and a pinky extension but not quite as accurate.

The problem with the 48 is concealability. Longer slide so it can poke you in the bits when sitting down and appendix carry. Overall just a lil larger too. Shoots like a dream though. Always gonna be a lil tradeoff between em

The 48 and 43x have the exact same frame. That said, I think that they are the perfect carry setup when used with shield 15rd mags, just take your pick between the two. I go back and forth a couple of times a year. Just swapped the 48 for the 43x in the safe tonight as a matter of fact.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
The 43x will be my next carry gun. I held one not long ago and it felt great and sized perfect for me. I'll be replacing a 19x and going to the 43x
One of my daughters has a 43x and one has a 43. Both great guns, obviously the 43x fits my hand way better than the 43, but personally I would give serious thought to the Sig 365 over the Glock. I'm not one who is brand loyal and you can't go wrong with either gun, but the Sig is a really nice gun. I bought the Sig X-Macro last week and it is the same size as the 43x but holds 17 rounds and shoots way better. It is however more expensive.

Latest posts