New from FL

izzyluis

Good afternoon,

I have a lease in Lawrence county TN. looking for some information on Rut dates, been hunting the lease since September, seen a few bucks in person just too far for a bow shot. Harvested a mature doe opening weekend of archery.

Thank you.

agelessssone

Good afternoon,

I have a lease in Lawrence county TN. looking for some information on Rut dates, been hunting the lease since September, seen a few bucks in person just too far for a bow shot. Harvested a mature doe opening weekend of archery.

Thank you.
Peak of the rut seems to be 14th-18th of November.
Bucks will be hunting does by November 3rd, but most does will be bred 14-18.
The statistics from studies by Carbondale University in Southern Illinois showed that 62% of does in Illinois were bred on November 14th.
I just extended the dates for the difference in latitude.
And this is why I concentrate my hunting to that week.
I no longer hunt horns, just meat. These dates provide me with multiple sightings and opportunities to harvest my venison for the year.
At 75 years young, I no longer want to spend 6-8 hours in a treestand.
I'm sure there will be rebuttals to my post and I welcome them. The above statements are what I base my hunting times on.
Feel free to comment and let us know your thoughts on the matter.

Lt.Dan

Peak of the rut seems to be 14th-18th of November.
Bucks will be hunting does by November 3rd, but most does will be bred 14-18.
The statistics from studies by Carbondale University in Southern Illinois showed that 62% of does in Illinois were bred on November 14th.
I just extended the dates for the difference in latitude.
And this is why I concentrate my hunting to that week.
I no longer hunt horns, just meat. These dates provide me with multiple sightings and opportunities to harvest my venison for the year.
At 75 years young, I no longer want to spend 6-8 hours in a treestand.
I'm sure there will be rebuttals to my post and I welcome them. The above statements are what I base my hunting times on.
Feel free to comment and let us know your thoughts on the matter.
Meat is good

Latest posts