New buck limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

WG Taxidermist

Setterman":2fqikgzc said:
WG Taxidermist":2fqikgzc said:
Mark71211":2fqikgzc said:
Walker, if you think that poaching is a problem then it time to take actions on it. The club I'm in has 700 aces and we gave the game warden a key to every gate we have or combo to the locks. They like to sit back behind those gates and set up fake deer in the fields to catch poachers. We also report any thing that looks like a poacher or poacher activities. At one time the road which our land boarders was one of the most poached roads in that state. I like to think that we helped to put a stop to that.
Sounds to me that in the op that the wardens know about it but it's falling on deaf ears.

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk

The above is a statement made with zero knowledge of our law enforcement officers and the job they do in this state. There's basically no chance that a TWRa officer is ignoring poaching, and I mean zero.

It's more likely a hunters paranoia is not able to be fulfilled by TWRa because there's no violations occuring
So your saying he is a liar and you know first hand that the poaching hasn't been reported?

Setterman

WG Taxidermist":7z3e4jdo said:
Mark71211":7z3e4jdo said:
Walker, if you think that poaching is a problem then it time to take actions on it. The club I'm in has 700 aces and we gave the game warden a key to every gate we have or combo to the locks. They like to sit back behind those gates and set up fake deer in the fields to catch poachers. We also report any thing that looks like a poacher or poacher activities. At one time the road which our land boarders was one of the most poached roads in that state. I like to think that we helped to put a stop to that.
Sounds to me that in the op that the wardens know about it but it's falling on deaf ears.

The above is a statement made with zero knowledge of our law enforcement officers and the job they do in this state. There's basically no chance that a TWRa officer is ignoring poaching, and I mean zero.

It's more likely a hunters paranoia is not able to be fulfilled by TWRa because there's no violations occuring[/quote]
So your saying he is a liar and you know first hand that the poaching hasn't been reported?

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk[/quote]

No I was responding to you, thus the reason I quoted your post and used the words "the above" in the beginning of my response.....

WG Taxidermist

Setterman":nwf4jszt said:
WG Taxidermist":nwf4jszt said:
Mark71211":nwf4jszt said:

It's more likely a hunters paranoia is not able to be fulfilled by TWRa because there's no violations occuring

No I was responding to you, thus the reason I quoted your post and used the words "the above" in the beginning of my response.....[/quote]
I'm glad that you believe in this fairy tell world where poaching just isn't happening! I have friends that are officers so you can take your zero knowledge remark and shove it! I'm not saying that GW aren't doing all they can to prevent poaching cause they are with what resources they have but when you take the number od wardens to the number of hunters per county there's no way they can keep up. If you don't believe that poaching is going on even after its called in just come set on my porch and call whoever you want when they go to shooting in my field. They'll tell you the same thing they tell me "we can't do anything unless we catch them in the act".
Setterman":nwf4jszt said:
WG Taxidermist":nwf4jszt said:
Mark71211":nwf4jszt said:

No I was responding to you, thus the reason I quoted your post and used the words "the above" in the beginning of my response.....[/quote]

stringtalker

I was told by a game warden several years ago that poaching"IS NOT" there main priority. Hunter safety programs, duck ponds, clearing of trails was more there priority.

MUP

I have to hand it to our local GW for doing what he can over the large area he has to cover. I've reported several trespassing hunters but by the time he arrived they had already gone, but he came out and walked the woods with me in an effort to find them. He came back on a Mon I believe, while I had to go to work of my own, and caught a couple of them sneaking in, knowing I wouldn't be there bc of my job! I'm sure hundreds of calls come in and they just can't respond bc of other calls and duties they're working at that point in time.

Mark71211

Wow

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 365

WG Taxidermist

stringtalker":1880blij said:
I was told by a game warden several years ago that poaching"IS NOT" there main priority. Hunter safety programs, duck ponds, clearing of trails was more there priority.
This is the point I was trying to make. When there is something bigger going on they are not going to rush out and try to catch this teenager shooting a deer out of my field in the middle of the night. To say that it isn't happening because they would do something about it would probably rank up there with the "zero knowledge" statement that was giving to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts