New brass

Urban_Hunter

Anyone ever tried PRVI?

Went to reloaders bench and this was the only 308 brass they had. They had some used brass but the 308 bucket looked like it sailed over on the mayflower. All the other buckets looked like recent once fired. I bought some... How bad is it? Online reviews seem to range from excellent to wouldn't bother giving it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveB

I use it in several calibers, never had a problem. Sure beats Hornady in quality. And, generally, it is the least expensive brass.

darn2ten

Not sure on the newer stuff, but the older Prvi brass is good stuff. I've loaded many 06 and 308 using once fired Prvi and never had and issues.

DaveB

Grafs sells the Prvi Partisan lines and they claim it is new brass. Things I have noticed:
1. The neck is annealed and left smoked to show you, same as Lapua
2. The primer pockets are tight. Tight.
3. Measurements are very consistent case to case to case

darn2ten

7mm08":14j1itbq said:
So on this note .... Did Winchester quit making brass. I can't find any
(2) is hornady bad? Quality/ soft?
I have seen Winchester brass for sale a few places recently, but where escapes me. Hornady brass isn't the best, but certainly not the worst either. I've had pretty good luck reloading hornady brass in 308. Seems to hold up decently, but these are mainly for my precision rifle and not real hot loads. Definitely better than Federal. Federal brass has been the worst IMO, too soft. I have about 300 rounds of the 147 gr. 308 white box Winchester that I traded for on deal. I've been using those for reloads.

DaveB

My 200 pieces of "cosmetic blemished" new Hornady brass had oblong primer holes of which 18 were so off center I could not FL size. Bunches more were shaped the same way just not as bad. It took me forever to drill the holes straight, messed up about 30 more because I am not good with this stuff.

I have a lot of Federal brass. I use it but it requires more case prep as it does seem to lengthen faster than R-P.

Latest posts