Need some healthy snacks!

akachuck

I'm trying to eat healthy now to get prepared for deer season. Could y'all recommend some healthy snacks y'all get from the grocery store? High in protein and low calories possibly. Thanks Y'all 🙂

TAFKAP

Smoked almonds. Not really low calorie, but high nutrient content.

Make your own jerky.

I would avoid most bars because of the high sugar content, likely high sodium, and high cost. I used to get Kind bars, but they quit making the ones I liked. Lara bars are good for a while, but I get burned out on those.

JCDEERMAN

I eat a lot of hard boiled eggs - cheap, good, and good for you. I make about a dozen at the start of the week and eat them throughout that week. Not exactly to your specifications, but here are a few snacks I eat: Greek yogurt and granola, bananas, your favorite veggies dipped in hummus, pickles, olives, mixed nuts, apples and peanut butter. Just throwing a few out there that are much better than the loads of carbs with chips, cookies, etc....

Hduke86

Your requirements of healthy snacks possibly is different then most folks on here. Just like my snack need is different then some of my coworkers. I'll eat thick peanut butter sandwiches for a "snack" while they're eating a salad. Why? Cause I'm 6'1" and about 150lb-155lb and I don't stop moving and they are not. Fruits and veggies are good for you but you also need some fuel to grow and keep a healthy weight.

Gronk

Your requirements of healthy snacks possibly is different then most folks on here. Just like my snack need is different then some of my coworkers. I'll eat thick peanut butter sandwiches for a "snack" while they're eating a salad. Why? Cause I'm 6'1" and about 150lb-155lb and I don't stop moving and they are not. Fruits and veggies are good for you but you also need some fuel to grow and keep a healthy weight.
I'm your complete opposite. 6'1" and just north of 240. I recently changed my habits and am doing a lot of the ideas listed earlier. Made some roasted chickpeas before work today, probably should have roasted a few minutes more. Might try making a cauliflower hummus next week.

Hduke86

I'm your complete opposite. 6'1" and just north of 240. I recently changed my habits and am doing a lot of the ideas listed earlier. Made some roasted chickpeas before work today, probably should have roasted a few minutes more. Might try making a cauliflower hummus next week.
Try green beans, go get some raw green beans and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on them and place in the oven on bake at like 425 for about 8-10 minutes and move them around from time to time. If needed to extra light on coarse sea salt on them after you drizzle the olive oil. I can eat them all day but then again my wife is a vegan so I'm use to "rabbit food" lol but I always have to eat something later also.

RobDooley

I eat walnuts, almonds (natural), and raisins almost everyday. Just a handful. I also eat pistachios. Sometimes I will mix them with oatmeal and include ground flax seed and blueberries. I also eat an apple, banana and orange (when in season) daily. I buy a bag of carrots every week and cut them up and place in baggie. Dark chocolate 75-80% cocoa The only thing I drink (except an occasional Budweiser) is water. Lots of water. The possibilities are endless...

Rakkin6

Eat a lot of whole foods like fruits and veggies. You can use. A little peanut butter for dipping apples, and celery in but I emphasize a little peanut butter. Make your own trail mix and leave out the m&m. Also go buy a quality protein shake mix for a real high quality protein I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey, you can drink two shakes a day and you will feel full and won't eat has much since protein keeps you feeling full.

Hduke86

I'm 5'8" 132 right now. I'm staying at a consistent weight. I want to get to 125 and gain it back in mussel
I wouldn't be trying to lose weight but just be more active and eat right. I also don't know why you would want to lose 7lbs of weight and add it back in "mussel" cause at some point if you put 7lbs of mussels in your pockets they would probably stink and no girl would want to come around you.

Gronk

Try green beans, go get some raw green beans and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on them and place in the oven on bake at like 425 for about 8-10 minutes and move them around from time to time. If needed to extra light on coarse sea salt on them after you drizzle the olive oil. I can eat them all day but then again my wife is a vegan so I'm use to "rabbit food" lol but I always have to eat something later also.
Will give this a go, thanks for the advice

Gronk

I wouldn't be trying to lose weight but just be more active and eat right. I also don't know why you would want to lose 7lbs of weight and add it back in "mussel" cause at some point if you put 7lbs of mussels in your pockets they would probably stink and no girl would want to come around you.
Omg 🤣

FTG-05

Bag salad from Publix, with a little Apple Cider Vinegar and a crapton of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I *might* carefully add a couple teaspoons of Olive Garden salad dressing for some extra tang.

A whole bag is less than 10g carbs.

Forvols

I have been cutting up celery, cukes and bell pepper for a snack instead of taking chips. Most days at work I take a sandwich of ham and turkey..the veggies take the place of chips. I make my own jerky and meat sticks.. also nuts almonds, cashews, peanuts and add carissin's gives you a sweet, salty, tart, crunchy snack. Usually for breakfast I have 2 boiled eggs with a whole tomato cut up.

Latest posts