Ned rigs

cbhunter

Please post up some of your favorite Ned rig hooks. Links would be great. I bought some pre rigged ones from Walmart and loved that they were already rigged but the hooks were AWFUL and that's being nice. Hooked a lot of fish today that came off halfway to boat or at boat. On one hook set it partially straightened out the hook and I assure you it wasn't a lunker.

I also hate putting these rigs together because of the elasticity. I am never satisfied once I thread one onto a hook but I can deal with that part as long as I have quality hooks

What about the ned jigs? Anyone a fan? Appreciate any feedback

cbhunter

Save yourself the heartache and avoid these like the plague

Attachments

• IMG_7562.jpeg
    IMG_7562.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 65

Doecrusher

I use keitech tungsten super round heads. Pretty much like a crappie jig. I'm not dragging it along the bottom tho. Throw it out and let it sink give a few seconds and give it a pop. Most of my fish are on fall... 95% of the time it's a 1/16oz 1/0 with a z man TRD and if it's clearer water I'll jump up to 1/8oz if they're getting too good a look.

Last edited:

TRIGGER

I'm not going to suggest a hook but from my experience if any of them get the slightest bit of even surface rust throw them out because they will break at the worst time. Another thing about the ned rig and lighter rod/line is that I do not have good luck with catching fish on the bigger/heavier head. I believe it's due to not getting the lead past the bigger fishes "lips" preventing the hook from penetrating. They just open their mouth and the whole thing comes out is what it seems. Just my .02.

cbhunter

I'm not going to suggest a hook but from my experience if any of them get the slightest bit of even surface rust throw them out because they will break at the worst time. Another thing about the ned rig and lighter rod/line is that I do not have good luck with catching fish on the bigger/heavier head. I believe it's due to not getting the lead past the bigger fishes "lips" preventing the hook from penetrating. They just open their mouth and the whole thing comes out is what it seems. Just my .02.
Your absolutely right about the rust!

Carlos

My Son keeps talking about these, I don't really know what they are. I'd better be checking up on em, looks like.

Rammer Jammer

Here are my recommendations. I have great experience with these, but I am starting to move only to the offset jigheads so I can rig it weedless. I love the ned rig. It's my number 1 river rig. Nikko hellgrammite, Z man finesse TRD and craws are my favorite. Good luck.

Chiflyguy

Ok Ned rig gurus.
How would you fish em on a rocky lake like Norris?
I bought some a few weeks ago.
Basically a mushroom head and a small plastic.

cbhunter

Here are my recommendations. I have great experience with these, but I am starting to move only to the offset jigheads so I can rig it weedless. I love the ned rig. It's my number 1 river rig. Nikko hellgrammite, Z man finesse TRD and craws are my favorite. Good luck.
Much appreciated

m r too ducks

I also like the thought of these as far as easier rigging. But would like some real world feedback
This is what you need. Ned rigs tend to get snagged easily and you can rig these weedless. One other thing, if you are using z-man plactics, be sure to remove them after fishing for the day. The salt in them will rust a hook real quick. Last couple of Ned rig fish from 2 weeks ago. And yes them both swam away unhurt.
20230513_133923.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts