Nebraska

BamaProud

Interesting move.
I do think this is a product of NIL that not many folks talk about. A good player could decide to be the star athlete at a smaller school and be "the man on campus" with all of its perks opposed to going to a traditional powerhouse school where he might just be another one of a dozen 4 or 5 stars.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Interesting move.
I do think this is a product of NIL that not many folks talk about. A good player could decide to be the star athlete at a smaller school and be "the man on campus" with all of its perks opposed to going to a traditional powerhouse school where he might just be another one of a dozen 4 or 5 stars.

Nebraska is different than the "small school," though—the fan base is still berserk and shows up, buying tickets despite the travesty of the past two decades (excepting one brief blip of light early in the Pelini years when they almost won the Big XII Championship). So the ceiling is higher than being a star at, say, Washington State.

PalsPal

I have no idea who the guy is, but if his goal is the NFL, it seems to be a risky move. Do they have the pieces to enable him to put up big numbers?
Wait, maybe the rumors about Kirby going to the NFL are true!

Gravey

My guess is he got more NIL money at Nebraska. That's what it's all coming down to and there's no cap. Look what Ole Miss has done in the portal since the regular season ended.

Speaking of Georgia I saw a picture the other day and it was a list of 4 and 5 star players that entered the portal. I know they have a roster full but was somewhat surprised at the number.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
His dad played for Nebraska, and his uncle is the current OL coach. Kid has played for 4 different teams in HIGH SCHOOL already. He has always been a flip threat, and will continue to be no matter where he signs, but his family ties to Nebraska may help him to stick there

Not saying that UGA didn't want him but they also have a highly ranked 4 star already on campus by the name of Ryan Puglisi who is more of a traditional pocket passer. Has a good head on his shoulders. I'm hoping that he pans out

Last edited:

PillsburyDoughboy

My guess is he got more NIL money at Nebraska. That's what it's all coming down to and there's no cap. Look what Ole Miss has done in the portal since the regular season ended.

Speaking of Georgia I saw a picture the other day and it was a list of 4 and 5 star players that entered the portal. I know they have a roster full but was somewhat surprised at the number.
You lose one game then suddenly your tokd your coach is done. He is out. He's too old. He's lost his edge. He needs to retire.

At least that the way it works elsewhere lol

iowavf

The Husker coach did state earlier that it may cost 1.5 million for a good QB in NCAA football. He was comparing this to what Brock Purdy makes, who was the QB for Iowa State, final draft pic and seems to be doing pretty good now.

lafn96

Growing up in NE, HUGE Nebraska fan; and ecstatic that we got him. Hopefully this is the start of the long awaited for turn around of Husker football. For GA; I find it incredible that they lose the top QB for the class, and still have the #1 rated class by a pretty large margin.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
UGA just got a decent consolation prize with the the flip of #1 safety KJ Bolden. It always feels bittersweet/hypocritical pulling for a kid to flip his "commitment" to a program, but it's the world that we live in now. No idea which of these kids will still be around in 1-2yr anyway

bowhunterfanatic

His dad played for Nebraska, and his uncle is the current OL coach. Kid has played for 4 different teams in HIGH SCHOOL already. He has always been a flip threat, and will continue to be no matter where he signs, but his family ties to Nebraska may help him to stick there

Not saying that UGA didn't want him but they also have a highly ranked 4 star already on campus by the name of Ryan Puglisi who is more of a traditional pocket passer. Has a good head on his shoulders. I'm hoping that he pans out
I honestly don't think it'll matter too much for your Dawgs. They recruit at such an elite level they could make the 12 team playoff with me at QB. They'll be just fine the next few years.

The best thing the Haslams could do for UT at this point is to make Kirby and offer he can't refuse to coach the Browns!

Remi

Growing up in NE, HUGE Nebraska fan; and ecstatic that we got him. Hopefully this is the start of the long awaited for turn around of Husker football. For GA; I find it incredible that they lose the top QB for the class, and still have the #1 rated class by a pretty large margin.

I hope you're right. I still am amazed and just how bad Scott Frost was, lol. Nebraska had the defense to have made a lower bowl game but their offense was so bad it just didn't happen.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I hope you're right. I still am amazed and just how bad Scott Frost was, lol. Nebraska had the defense to have made a lower bowl game but their offense was so bad it just didn't happen.
Which is funny because Frost was the coach that EVERYONE wanted. He had the credentials and pizzazz, just couldn't put it all together. And Nebraska gave him more leash than a lot of other schools would have. Jury is still out on Rhule, but he may be just what they need to turn things around. Lots of history in that program

iowavf

I would agree since Rhule said it takes 1 to 1.5 million to get a top ranked QB. Nebraska definitely has the money and their fan base and alumni aren't liking to be at the bottom of the Big 10. I think they thought they'd be at the top, just didn't happen and to not be in a bowl game for a few years isn't holding well with Big Red.

lafn96

Not really sure what to believe with all of the NIL rumors, but that sounds kinda light compared to what other top ranked QBs are supposedly getting at other schools
That's alot for an incoming freshman, and about double what his NIL valuation was. The $1.5M Rhule said it would take to get a top QB was referencing the transfer portal for a top tier proven QB

Latest posts