NBA contract

Spurhunter

It's out of hand brother. There's transvestites on the sidelines. These aren't the same leagues we grew up on.

Bud lite is down between 25-33% depending in who you believe because of one can of beer. The nfl is exponentially worse on a couple different fronts and we dont/can't talk about it. Don't you find that odd? Why do you think that is?
Maybe a combination of things. People can easily switch to another beer. People's Sundays have revolved around the NFL for decades and they can't live without it. Maybe the fact that the NFL is 90 something percent minority. I don't really know.

Buzzard Breath

That kind of money is just unfathomable to me. But, good for him. I can only dream that if I had that kind of talent that I would be smart enough to take full advantage of it.

Jon54

I love sports. People that like sports don't bother me at all.

But there are alternative ways to scratch that itch. Supporting woke leagues (nfl, mlb, nba, nhl - they've all bent the knee) that advance political ideologies in contrast to our own, is ludicrous. People on here don't want to read about this; I've talked about it enough and -contrary to belief- I can read the room, my position has earned me zero friends here I assure you. I've been beating this drum for a while though with no regrets. Look at the nfl's advertising list. We could've sent a huge message with the bud lite treatment. Bizarrely though, most pro sports remain off limits. Guys get their drawers bunched in a hurry. I can go into as much detail as necessary since you asked but hopefully answered your question.

I will add that I was a lifelong bills fan. Rabid college football fan. Fantasy leagues. Roadtrips to see games in bucketlist cities; etc. Same with mlb. Nba not quite to the same level of Fandom, but watched a lot during Jordan years. Legitimately don't miss any of it.

As far as the music and TV thing, I don't watch much at all. Very little. And you've tried to make that point before, but I don't consume a lot of that stuff. For example, two of my favorite bands -Pearl Jam and GNR- they got too political. I don't listen to them anymore. Won't spend another dime to go see them or buy their stuff.
The money in college sports is obscene given it's supposed to be about academics. Tennessee paying $8mm for over 200 recruiting violations is evidence of corruption in sports.

Latest posts