Nashville PD Reloads?

BLC

I came across these few years ago. As I understand it, this likely was used by a Metro Nashville Police Officer. I assume this was used regularly in the 1960s-1970s? Does anyone have a more accurate timeline?

The reason I consider these reloads is because of the mixed headstamps in the boxes.
Perhaps this was range ammo?

Thought some of you might recognize this type ammo, or at least appreciate seeing something out of the ordinary.

IMG_5346.jpgIMG_5347.jpg

Omega

Back in the day, LEO departments, at least in CO, had reloading equipment to reload wadcutters for shooting practice. Don't know if Metro had the same thing, but it's possible.

gustaf

3D was a commercial reloader who would reload your brass if you sent it to them, or you could buy reloads in their brass for a higher price. Their business was not limited to LE departments, and I suspect "Police Cartridges" was for marketing purposes, sort of like "tactical". Ages ago THP used to use reloads for practice ammo. I have no idea where they came from since the ones my great uncle had were in a small paper bag.

Polecat

I remember shooting that brand in the early to mid 90's. They dropped the Law Enforcement and were being marketed then as 3D "Blue." They were dirty but extremely accurate. My first reloading set up, a Lyman turret press came as surplus from a small police department that used to reload their own ammo. I still have several pounds of Unique, 38spcl brass and 148gr wad cutters that were included which was probably a standard service pistol qualification load.

Chief44

I remember using 3-D 38 special ammo when I first started in LE. Used it for qualification and training but I don't remember where we acquired it. If I remember correctly, the rounds we used were full wadcutters with mixed case head stamps. Some said +p and some not. I believe they used mixed brass and all were loaded to standard pressure.