My mtn goat

JArender

Well the last two years have been tough. I've lost two freezers and was told to stop taxidermy by my dr until we got my bladder cancer under control. Seems paint and leather goods( besides being a male over 40) are the only things that possibly cause bladder cancer that I did....Well the bladder cancer is looking to be a nuisance type more than anything now(great news)

But on to the taxidermy. So you ask is a quality tanned cape worth the extra a taxidermist charges for your deer or whatever. I found this mtn goat cape swimming if thawed fish and deer meat goo in the bottom of my last freezer back in July after being gone fire three weeks. I had sent it in to the wildlife gallery to be tanned and I'm so thankful I did. Once I found it I quickly washed the blood and fish juice out and froze it in my fridge freezer until I could decide what to do.

Well I've been disappointed thinking it would be ruined, but since I had all of the materials clooecting dust in my closed shop I decide jan 1st I'd spend the day seeing if I had forgot how to mount a critter.

In this photo it hasn't had the final wash yet. As soon as I finish it in a few weeks I'll add photos. Here is one just after being sewn up. I had to bring it outside to have light enough to see the eyes and ears.

Man, close a shop down and the lights want to go dim lol. I enjoyed this so much and miss taxidermy being a part of my everyday life. Hopefully soon the cancer will disappear and who knows!!!!

c961e9c39cf8bde066ca3c27e5ad85ed.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

Re: My mtn goat

Wish you the best! Yes, taxidermy is full of deadly chemicals.
I have a Coues and Mule deer dry tanned by the Gallery...hopefully
I will be mounting them soon. I'm anxious to see how their tans are. I hate tanning my own stuff.
Nice goat and peice too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtex

Re: My mtn goat

Looks like you still have the touch, your Goat is looking great!
I had to quit doing Taxidermy as well, my eyes and shaky hands are not conductive to doing the quality of work that my customers deserve. I still do a deer or two every years for friends or family just to try and keep in practice though.
Be sure to post a couple of pics when you get your goat finished. Good luck with your cancer, sounds like you have the right attitude to overcome it.

Latest posts