Critique My Mount

chewymalone

I agree with others on the eyes as they just don't look really natural. The nose looks a little glossy too. The real test is looking at it in 10 years to see if it's holding up.

Boone25/06

Great buck and good looking mount!
But since you asked in my opinion the eyes are not set in right as well as the clay filler is already cracked under them. Easy fix on the filler. The nose seems to have been over built up with texture and gloss finished. The orangish on white patch could be from blood staining not fully cleaned during tanning. With all that said it's an average to above average production mount but not show quality. I would be happy with it unless I was promised show quality or payed show price. Congrats on a great buck and nice trophy on the wall.

batten_down

Great buck and good looking mount!
But since you asked in my opinion the eyes are not set in right as well as the clay filler is already cracked under them. Easy fix on the filler. The nose seems to have been over built up with texture and gloss finished. The orangish on white patch could be from blood staining not fully cleaned during tanning. With all that said it's an average to above average production mount but not show quality. I would be happy with it unless I was promised show quality or payed show price. Congrats on a great buck and nice trophy on the wall.
That's a good critique. Thank you. I'm very happy with it.

Speedwell-Hunter

I got this mount back a little while ago. And I am impressed with the job. However, I do want to train my eye better on what separates an average job from a very good job. We all know what a bad job looks like.

Looking at the detail around the eye and the nose, it looks good to me. A big concern I have is I'm seeing some orange-ish tint showing up in the throat patch. This could be a by product of the tanning method used?

For the guys with a more experienced eye, how does this mount look to you? Is this average, above average? What about the throat patch?
View attachment 153631
View attachment 153632
View attachment 153633
View attachment 153634
View attachment 153635
My critique is that is a darn nice deer and good looking mount

Wow

Congratulations

I will keep dreaming here!