My Grandfather's Collection

david k.

Rjratliff1975":1ps7zop6 said:
That's the most awesome collection I have ever seen. It's clear your grandfather was truly gifted at finding artifacts. That had to be so much fun out searching with him. He could have really taught someone a lot! I have always enjoyed looking for arrowheads, but have never had a good eye for them. Thanks for sharing those great pics!

I attached a pic of the shadowbox my grand-father made for my son when he was just a little boy.

I believe that most of his time was spent walking fields and ditches near the St. Francis River in NE Arkansas. He always carried long steel rods that he'd poke into the ground until he hit something hard....he'd stick a few into the ground around whatever he hit and decide if it was worth digging for.

He dug a lot on little mounds in fields and near ditches...I guess these were high spots where the native americans had lived and / or were buried. That's how he found most of the pottery.

Like I said, I only have about 10% or less of his collection....my aunt and uncle have more of the same. I'll try to get them to send me pics of some of the pottery, spearheads and arrowheads they have and will post them...

Glad you guys enjoy and I'm really happy to share them.

Attachments

• Image 2-17-17 at 7.52 PM.jpg
    Image 2-17-17 at 7.52 PM.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,370

jchisum23

Dude, that is a once of a lifetime collection. What you have left, always keep it in the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts