My duaghters first deer

hitek7

Took my 6 year old out for the TN youth hunt Saturday morning with the crossbow. At about 7:30 we had a big ol doe come in at about 22 yards. Did not take her long and she found the spot and pulled the trigger. Sounded like a tractor bushhogging the woods. Guess she shot over it, could not really tell as I was looking down at the video camera that I had never even pressed record on. Watched her trot off to about 35 yards and stand there blowing. She finally walked on off.

About 8:30, I look over to the left and see deer movement. We sit there and watched 7 does travel about 35 yards away (a little further than I was comfortable with her shooting).

At 9:30 we were talking about calling it quits when I look straight ahead and her comes a doe. We get ready and she feeds around the white oak for about 10 minutes before presenting a shot. This time she pulled the trigger and I knew she did not miss. It was an exiting time in the woods and I would not have traded it for the biggest buck in the world!!!

http://scottechols.shutterfly.com/pictures/23

hitek7

Forgot to mention, I am loving the new NAP Killzone (with chisel tip) broadhead. I have not been much on mechanical heads in the past but this one has done the job this year.

Latest posts