Raylan’s First Deer

Union Co. Boy

Raylan made his first trip to deer camp in West Tennessee this weekend. After missing a doe at 40 yds earlier in the morning, he stuck with it and scored on his first deer. I hit the can call a little before 11:00 and he came around the back of our stand in a hurry. Raylan got on his knees in the stand seat, rested the muzzleloader on the backrest, and made a great shot on a big bodied 7 point! The buck ran about 130 yds and fell in a depression. We never found any blood, but had a complete pass through. He was quartering pretty hard, so had an exit just in front of the rear ham. Entry right in the shoulder. Walked by him once looking for him, but turned back and found him. Needless to say, he's now hooked on deer hunting and hanging out with the guys here in the lease. Dressed out at 136 lbs. God is good!

Union Co. Boy

IMG_5095.jpegIMG_5094.jpeg

BigBuckBeas

Raylan made his first trip to deer camp in West Tennessee this weekend. After missing a doe at 40 yds earlier in the morning, he stuck with it and scored on his first deer. I hit the can call a little before 11:00 and he came around the back of our stand in a hurry. Raylan got on his knees in the stand seat, rested the muzzleloader on the backrest, and made a great shot on a big bodied 7 point! The buck ran about 130 yds and fell in a depression. We never found any blood, but had a complete pass through. He was quartering pretty hard, so had an exit just in front of the rear ham. Entry right in the shoulder. Walked by him once looking for him, but turned back and found him. Needless to say, he's now hooked on deer hunting and hanging out with the guys here in the lease. Dressed out at 136 lbs. God is good!
Great deer man. Bagged my first good buck this weekend too.

Latest posts