My Contribution to the new forum

Crow Terminator

Well I ain't got much but what I got I am proud of having. This is some of my better stuff. I do tend to give away a lot of my bullets and such along the way. Landowners and curious passerby folks are always appreciative of a bullet or two...whether shot or dropped.

Case 1 = Misc bullets from the Civil War. They are my dropped and carved bullets. Some are yankee bullets (most of the 3 ring .58 caliber ones are dubbed yankee bullets). The ones at the bottom are my true Confederate bullets...Enfields. Then there are some carved bullets in there as well. They liked cutting the bottom part of the bullets off. I guess to a bored soldier, those grooves made a nice place to put a knife blade. Not shown are hundreds of shot bullets I keep in coffee cans.

bullets.jpg

Case 2 = Misc camp litter. You got pocket knives, rosette, bayonet scabbard, harmonica reeds, and a few period rings. There are also two half dimes in there...1851 and 1858.

case1.jpg

Case 3 = "Common" yankee eagle buttons. Cuff, coat, and vest sizes. Some are general service (plain shield) some are Infantry (I in shield). Most all of mine from around here are the green color and most of what I find these days are either falling apart, smashed flat, or just the backs.

case3.jpg

Case 4 = My "gooderun" buttons. Yeah they aren't many in this case but you're looking at $300+ in buttons in this case. You got a Confederate VMI button. A Pennsylvania National Guard staff officer button, and a yankee staff officer cuff button. The cuff button ain't all that rare but it is my first staff officer button so it is getting royal treatment right now.

case2.jpg

Case 5 = More Misc stuff. You got arrowheads in this one. Got some more modern buttons...from the Indian War of the 1870s to WW 2 era. Also some percussion caps from the Civil War @ Wheeler's Raid. Some knapsack J hooks and other pieces like that.

case4.jpg

Case 6 = Carrie's case of arrowheads that she just brought out to tease y'all with. She didn't want to go through the shoe boxes full that she has of the arrowheads, pottery pieces, and all that good stuff. I'm glad she didn't either because I'm tired of copy and pasting picture links. LOL.

case5.jpg

ALL relics were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with LAND OWNER'S PERMISSION!!! In TN, GA, and VA.

robg606

Nice stuff Crow. I love civil war relic hunting, I have not been in a year or so but I need to dust off my Whites and hit a few places.Nice display of relics. I am going to post some of my civil war stuff this weekend. Those pic's got my trigger finger itching. Thanks for sharing.

lawcovol

Crow Terminator said:
Well I ain't got much but what I got I am proud of having. This is some of my better stuff. I do tend to give away a lot of my bullets and such along the way. Landowners and curious passerby folks are always appreciative of a bullet or two...whether shot or dropped.

Case 1 = Misc bullets from the Civil War. They are my dropped and carved bullets. Some are yankee bullets (most of the 3 ring .58 caliber ones are dubbed yankee bullets). The ones at the bottom are my true Confederate bullets...Enfields. Then there are some carved bullets in there as well. They liked cutting the bottom part of the bullets off. I guess to a bored soldier, those grooves made a nice place to put a knife blade. Not shown are hundreds of shot bullets I keep in coffee cans.

bullets.jpg

the bullets you speak of as being carved, do they show actual signs of being carved or could they have been made that way? I saw a bullet the other day that made me think of these you have. It was a cleaning bullet. the one I saw didn't have the zinc washer due to the zinc disolving while in the ground. I saw this one at Chickamauga museum, funny how I've been there before and this was the first time I had stop and looked at that particular case. I think it was called a williams bullet.

Henry Lehman

very cool, my son is ate up with his metal detector, we have found about 30 williams cleaners, and a cannon ball, and 1 eagle plate, over the last 2 years searching off and on about 20 hours search time total on 1 farm by spring hill.

Latest posts