my bow buck

T.J.

I frequent this site often but dont post very much but I am pretty proud of this one so I figured Id share. I killed this deer with my bow on the thursday before muzzleloader opened. He has a 23 1/2" inside spread. 4 1/2yrs old green scored 147 7/8. I passed this deer several times last year and had him on quite a few trail cam pics this year. He was the only deer I saw that day and I shot him at 10:40am in sw Tn.
tjdeer.jpg

Boll Weevil

Man that joker is WIDE...super nice deer and thanks for sharing.

2 questions: Can you estimate how many inches of bone he added from last year? Was he generally in the same core area as last year?

T.J.

Ill try to do both. I guessed him at 120-125 last year. He added the small drop on his left base and the kicker on his brow. Other than that his tine and beam lenght and spread didnt change much. The biggest difference was in his mass. Night and day compared to last year. Assuming I was underscoring him last year,which I tend to do, he added somewhere in the neighborhood of 15". Of which 5" were abnormal points. As to his core area, I was hunting out of a tree 100 yards from where I was sitting last year everytime I saw him. He was going into the same stand of short pines that I always saw him going to last year. His core area was basically unchanged.