Got my ‘22 buck back

kaizen leader

I wanted to try something different with the lip curl and full sneak. I feel like it did "hide" some characteristics such as spread, brow tine length and double throat patch. But I also feel like it added some character as well.

This is how he looked when I first seen him that day.
Wow? Some very nice deer. Congrats.

megalomaniac

Great buck! Personally, I don't care for full sneak or even semi-sneak poses, but that's just a personal preference. I also don't care for fully alert poses. Takes all kinds to make the world go round :)

campbell24

I love a full sneak like that, I've got a wide muzzleloader buck I shot a few years back that didnt score all that high but he was crazy wide like yours and I have him below several larger bucks on the same wall in semi sneak and upright poses and it really draws out the spread he has. Your taxidermist did a fine job with the lip curl, very realistic!

Bass1090

I love a full sneak like that, I've got a wide muzzleloader buck I shot a few years back that didnt score all that high but he was crazy wide like yours and I have him below several larger bucks on the same wall in semi sneak and upright poses and it really draws out the spread he has. Your taxidermist did a fine job with the lip curl, very realistic!
Thanks for the comment and hint on how to stage. I am going to move them around a little, I have another euro or two to add to the wall.

Latest posts