Muzzleloaders.. Little help

Yank

You can burn alot of $$$ buying the best equipment out there if you want to but if ya think about it muzzy season is only a couple of weeks a year. If ya start looking right now you can find a deal on a fair built muzzle loader at any pawn shop for around $75 to $100. Grab one up that the inside of the barrel looks good on and work up a load and bullet combo that works for ya.

I've had a dozen or better of them over the last ten to twenty years and have always been able to hit a gallon jug at 100 yards with every one. I'm not saying muzzy hunting isn't important but to me it just doesn't last long enough. :) But if you are planning to hunt with it even during gun season then sure, spend the extra bucks for a nice gun. To me it's just not worth spending all my money on something that I have to clean more than I shoot! :D :crazy:

booche

You have already gotten some good advice, but here is my two cents worth. I hunt with a T/C Encore and absolutely love it. However a hunting buddy of mine has a T/C Omega and he pretty much uses it all season unless he hunt large fields or of course it is bow season. I don't think you can go wrong with T/C products for muzzleloading. I know CVA has come a long way over the years, but my choice would be T/C anyday.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
fastbs said:
i just got a remington genesis syn stainless. even though i've heard a lot of people grip about them this thing is great. shoots 300 grain hornady xtps and 150 grains of powder consistantly accurate. (FYI it hates powerbelts) actually shoots better with 150 grains of powder than 100. got it through cabelas for $215 shipped to my door. I was looking at a CVA optima pro but for the money i decided to give the remington a try and i'm glad i did. I've heard it is made by traditions which as most know doesn't have the greatest fan base but i really am a fan of this gun.
I got a good deal from Cabelas on a Genesis also_One reason I choose this M.L. is the 28" barrel.Much better powder burn than the 26" barrel on most M.L.'s

Latest posts