Muzzleloaders.. Little help

Reddirt24

My next big hunting purchase will be a muzzleloader. I was just wondering which guns yall recommended and of coarse going to be easy on my wallet?

Model70Man

CVA will be easy on your wallet for sure. After owning 2 CVA's, I handled and shot an Encore and that's all I wanted. Ended up selling the CVA's and bought an Encore. I would highly recommend it.

FULLDRAWXX75

Don't just settle on a ML because of price, you will get what you pay for. I have heard and seen many times the effects of buying an inexpensive weapon only the hear and see the owner complain it did not live up to the expectations he/she thought it would or it is not as good as so & so's.

Look around, there are deals all the time.

I really like my T/C Omega (lam stock, SS barrel)

I would definately recommend SS over blued, you will not regret that choice.

Personally, I don't thing the Savage smokeless is priced all that bad, It would be the last ML you would ever have to buy.

FDXX75

PDenning25

I like the Knight disc
It can be pouring rain and they will still fire
And you can find one with SS barrle that wont set you back to much
I got mine used from a fellow TN deer gent for less than 200 and it is a sweet rifle
Pat

A

Anonymous

to add on to my last post i got it for 150 with a scope
used and in fine shape

BigGame

I have a Knight wolverine with the thumbhole stock. I think the most important thing is to pick one out with a good twist. At least a one in twentyeight. Next pick one that is going to be easy to take apart and clean. Everybody will have a different opinion just take the time to look around.

stik

cuppedup50 said:
cant go wrong with a knight....its the ONLY kind of mzl i will ever own.

not a big fan of the knights.
we have a $90 cva eclipse hunter that shoots as good as any muzzleloader i have ever seen. you don't have to spend $600-900 to get a good servicable gun.

fastbs

i just got a remington genesis syn stainless. even though i've heard a lot of people grip about them this thing is great. shoots 300 grain hornady xtps and 150 grains of powder consistantly accurate. (FYI it hates powerbelts) actually shoots better with 150 grains of powder than 100. got it through cabelas for $215 shipped to my door. I was looking at a CVA optima pro but for the money i decided to give the remington a try and i'm glad i did. I've heard it is made by traditions which as most know doesn't have the greatest fan base but i really am a fan of this gun.

Latest posts