Tree Stand Help

BigRed1080

Good Evening,
I am just getting back into hunting after a five year break and was wondering if anyone had a XOP stand I could try out or rent from you. Before buying one or attempting to buy one when they seem to be in stock. I am mainly looking to see how the seat height and platform size accommodates me. I am 6'4 and wear a size 14 boot so I am unsure how comfortable it would be. I find myself watching these YouTube videos and thinking looks like plenty of room then the guy walks beside and car and is short and small. I live in middle TN close to Davidson, sumner, Wilson, Cheatham, Williamson, and Rutherford. I hope this request isn't to weird just don't want to invest 300/400$ into a stand and never use it or hate it. Thanks for all responses and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeltaKane

Hey there, I'm close to your size (6'2 and size 14) and have an XOP vanish. I'm a little far for a trial run, but I'm happy with mine. It's definitely tight on space with the 14s (I'm guessing that's just the deal with size 14 boots and hang-ons), but I've not felt out of balance or anything while up in the tree and moving for a different shot angle. I also wear a climbing belt as my fall arrest and sometimes use it like a saddle from the platform. I'm hoping to have it up a tree this weekend and can take some pictures of the platform and how my feet lie while seated if you'd like. Comfort wise, it's a portable hang-on, good for a while, but not without taking a few standing/leaning breaks. Being able to flip the pad while leaning is nice, but don't be fooled by the advertised 4 inches. The foam collapses down about to what you see on a Lone Wolf.