Mt Roosevelt wma

lwk88

Be prepared to put boots on the ground its a huge area u CAN and should take a atv if possible ive seen a lot of very nice deer come from there its 20 mins from my house. Mostly rough steep country don't expect to see tons of deer either their there you just gotta find em

MMHunter

I found human remains there year back with my dad when were learning to hunt, but that's it.... Crazy story! It solved a murder.

Atchman2

I have. The bad problem is it is overgrown with serious briars and undergrowth. Now that the clear cuts have grown up you can't access them. You have to hunt the edges.

This year it also seemed like there was little mast.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

feathersandfur2214

2-Step Enabled
I have hunted here many times. And still do on occassion. Like others have said there arent large numbers of deer but there are quality deer taken off of here every year. I killed a pretty nice 10 here some years ago. It is a huge area and there are several access points. Get a map and pay attention to property boundaries as private land joins it in many places. Lots of scouting will pay off. I like hunting towards the creek bottoms just on the edge of the laurel. find a food source and you will be in business. Keep in mind it is Unit A but no county doe days. If you have any specific questions PM me and I will try to help.

stik

MMHunter":1i0g8aft said:
I found human remains there year back with my dad when were learning to hunt, but that's it.... Crazy story! It solved a murder.

it wasn't during turkey season was it? i remember years back they found a woman's remains and the coroner's wagon was parked practically in my tire tracks where i park. there is a story but this is not the place or time.

mt. roosevelt used to be our go-to spot but we haven't hunted it in 10 or 12 years.

Timber Ghost

lwk88":3i3nmc6w said:
Be prepared to put boots on the ground its a huge area u CAN and should take a atv if possible ive seen a lot of very nice deer come from there its 20 mins from my house. Mostly rough steep country don't expect to see tons of deer either their there you just gotta find em
can it be largely accessed by ATV?

Latest posts