Moving and elevating a shack?

hammer33

Have an 8x8 shed I converted to a shooting shack that I want to move about 50 yards back to a fencerow and elevate 5-6 feet.
My 35 hp tractor has a loader but im pretty sure the shack weighs more than it will lift.
1. How would you move the shack back the 50 yds? Its currently sitting on 4 cinderblocks.
2. Once you get it to the location, how would you elevate it ?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Jcalder

If you can pull it I would start with that. Raising it is the problem. Maybe a neighbor has a bigger tractor. Might could start with bottle jacks and start raising one side little by little.

44 mag

Can you lay it in it's side? If so I would drag it to the location lay it on its side and attach what ever legs you want then pull it upright. Several videos on how to pull it up right.

hammer33

Can you lay it in it's side? If so I would drag it to the location lay it on its side and attach what ever legs you want then pull it upright. Several videos on how to pull it up right.
Now there is an idea I hadn't considered. Wonder if I can find a steel base with leg sockets like they have for the sportsman condo..... Thanks Ill look into that.

Planking

I have an oak shed thats around 10 x 10 that i have moved around with a tractor, bottle jacks and poles 6-8 inch in diameter. Basically a sled for a shed.

The shooting houses i have put up i pre drill the holes, lay the house on its side with two legs at the edge of two holes and then start pulling it up with the tractor, come along, winches, as much as it takes to pull it up.

cecil30-30

These are helpful.

Attachments

• 20220304_165733.jpg
    20220304_165733.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 69

FTG-05

Have an 8x8 shed I converted to a shooting shack that I want to move about 50 yards back to a fencerow and elevate 5-6 feet.
My 35 hp tractor has a loader but im pretty sure the shack weighs more than it will lift.
1. How would you move the shack back the 50 yds? Its currently sitting on 4 cinderblocks.
2. Once you get it to the location, how would you elevate it ?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Which 35 hp tractor? Do you have a forks attachment for your FEL. I move and raise all my elevated stands with a tractor and forks. I had to borrow my neighbor's 95 hp tractor for my Taj Mahal shooting house 'cause I built it like a brick yugo house.

My Pole Barn shooting house, I moved and lifted it with my 40 hp tractor:

vzRWhpp.jpg

2qZzQoH.jpg

It's 6x8 and built much lighter than my lower field TM shooting house.

Where are you located?

Latest posts