Most overlooked bow companies ?

Radar

In your opinion , what is the most overlooked bow company that produces great bows without much hype ?
I would have to say Kodiak Outdoors .

Rackseeker

I'm not saying they are the most overlooked bows on the market, but the new line up from High Country are some nice bows. I'm very pleased with mine, they have came a long ways in just a couple of years since going in together with Newberry bows.

Radar

Darton is another good , less hyped bow company . High Country was real popular in the late 80's to mid 90's before Mathews became popular . I had one of the original High Country Trophy Whitetail bows . High Country bows were as popular as Mathews is today when they first hit the market . They aren't as popular these days , but are producing better quality bows than they had been .
I wouldn't consider Bowtech an overlooked bow company on a national level . They are very popular . Many local favorites are dictated by the proximity of the proshops carrying certain brands exclusivly .

Toxophilite Phil

I never have had the chance to shoot a Kodak. Darton is another one that doesn't catch the attention. Alpine has dropped in status. Ben Pearson isn't as hot of bow as it once was.

JThuntsalot

I would have to say Ross bows. Know that Andy and them have made it official that Bowtech has bought Ross but it will stay Ross bows and Andy will still have control. Look for the new Ross bows next year I just about qaruantee they are going to blow alot of bow companies out of the water.

Radar

JThuntsalot said:
I would have to say Ross bows. Know that Andy and them have made it official that Bowtech has bought Ross but it will stay Ross bows and Andy will still have control. Look for the new Ross bows next year I just about qaruantee they are going to blow alot of bow companies out of the water.

G5 Outdoors was making the risers for Ross ,apparently Ross had some "issues" , and G5 has a new line of Quest bows with the Ross risers and components .
http://www.questbowhunting.com/
It will be interesting to see what happens with the Bowtech / Savage acquiring the Ross lineup .

Radar

Archery Research made some nice bows ,but I heard where they are being discontinued by PSE .
Reflex by Hoyt is another sleeper bow line .

JThuntsalot

Radar said:
JThuntsalot said:

G5 Outdoors was making the risers for Ross ,apparently Ross had some "issues" , and G5 has a new line of Quest bows with the Ross risers and components .
http://www.questbowhunting.com/
It will be interesting to see what happens with the Bowtech / Savage acquiring the Ross lineup .

Yep I agree radar. It is going to be interesting. What happens between Ross and G5 know that Bowtech has aquired Ross. Heard on the Ross Forums that Ross is supposed to be putting out 6 new bows next month and then I think it was 3 more later in the year.

CamohunterAGAIN

What about Parker bows? I got a mid level bow form them and loved it. I believe it was called a Hunter- mag. After just moving up form an ancient Bear model I thought I was in hog heaven. Light, fast shooting, and really made me see what newer bows were capable of.

BigCountry71

i would say Reflex....

As for bowtech...they do shoot well. They are owned by Savage now. But after the test i saw face to face....Well...I wont have one in my hands.

Viper (tp)

I would have to say Darton, I shot the Viper form 1994 to 2006!

I shot the Oneida strike eagle, loved to hunt with it just too blame much mantinace to keep it up! :eek:

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
Viper (tp) said:
I would have to say Darton, I shot the Viper form 1994 to 2006!

I shot the Oneida strike eagle, loved to hunt with it just too blame much mantinace to keep it up! :eek:

Dartons never quit!

My dad has a 1991 darton lightning and shoots xx75 aluminum arrows, Other than string being replaced thats the only ever maintnence. He kills every year with it. Old technology but a bow is only as good as the man shooting it!
IMG_0677.jpg

Viper (tp)

BuckBlaster, here's my ole Darton Viper.Set at 70lbs,she would flat out do the job, and have for years.Bad shoulder is the only reason I bought another bow with 80% let off and dropped the poundage!
mybow002.jpg