MossyHorns300 and Others........

monsterbuck07

I give in, I have to ask what the heck kind of baits do you use? I mainly wade creeks; however I recently bought a boat and plan to start fishing the river. Any suggestions, I live in Huntsville Al now so I will be fishing the TN River and in Guntersville often. I am open to all suggestions and tips since I have only really creek fished.

mossyhorns300

Right now, I'm using 3/4 - 1 oz Football Jigs with Rage Craw and Rage Lobster trailers as well as Texas Rigging 10-12 inch worms such as the Rage Tail Thumper worms. Also Carolina Rigging just about any worm or crawfish type plastic as well.

I've tried deep crankbaits, but don't seem to be getting bit as well as I have been with the baits mentioned above.

monsterbuck07

Thanks for the reply, hopefully I can get out on the river soon. Ill post picks after I catch something worth showing!

Kimberman

Jigs: 3/4 ounce Legal Limit lures football heads. Cumberlanad craw color with a Zooom creapy crawler trailer in green pumpkin. I also throw black hair jigs at night that my buddy ties. I also like Booyah bed bugs and Pigskin jigs in various greens and browns.

Worms: I dont throw many worms, but I love a Zoom Dead Ringer in Watermelon.

Grubs: Zoom Fat Alberts in Watermelon, Smoke, and Chartreuse Pepper.

I mainly fish for smallmouth, so when I catch a large mouth its totally by accident while I am smallmouth fishing.

stratos195

I just got back from guntersville on Saturday.We caught fish on mainly worms and a little top water. 7 in. Berkly blue flake worm was the color. stay on the ledges in the river.

Latest posts