More sweet garden pickles

TNtrapper

I just finished 4 more quarts of our sweet garden pickles. Hopefully these will last in the cupboard. My kids have totally destroyed all the others Ive put up! LOL Squash,cucumbers,onions,green peppers and jalepenos.

TNtrapper

2-Small yellow squash
1-Cucumber
1 Medium Onion
1 small Bell Pepper
1 Jalepeno Pepper
I Tablespoon salt
1 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup white vinegar
3/4 tsp mustard seed
3/4 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp ground mustard

Slice all veggies into thin slices and put into a large bowl. Add the tablespoon of salt and stir to coat. Let sit in the fridge at least an hour to crisp.
In a pan combine the spices, sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil.
Add veggies and bring back to a boil, then take off of the heat. You can make refrigerator pickles by pouring into a large glass covered dish and letting them sit in there at least 4 days before eating. If you want to can them for the winter, pack into hot jars and water bath them for 15 minutes. I usually make a batch for the fridge and can several for the lean winter months.

TNtrapper

TNtrapper said:
2-Small yellow squash
1-Cucumber
1 Medium Onion
1 small Bell Pepper
1 Jalepeno Pepper
I Tablespoon salt
1 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup white vinegar
3/4 tsp mustard seed
3/4 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp ground mustard

Slice all veggies into thin slices and put into a large bowl. Add the tablespoon of salt and stir to coat. Let sit in the fridge at least an hour to crisp.
In a pan combine the spices, sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil.
Add veggies and bring back to a boil, then take off of the heat. You can make refrigerator pickles by pouring into a large glass covered dish and letting them sit in there at least 4 days before eating. If you want to can them for the winter, pack into hot jars and water bath them for 15 minutes. I usually make a batch for the fridge and can several for the lean winter months.

That is per quart��.just adjust for larger quantities. They are some good eatin ;)

Latest posts