Mom is passing away

trout

Mom is passing away today. Three children, 17 grandchildren and 22 great grandchildren in 78 short years. She has been in hospice care for the last week. My wife, my sister, and BIL have been with me at her bedside. While the emotional swings are difficult, mom's final journey is like a marathon. As her faculties and strength fade, her body fights on.

She grew up as the youngest daughter of a homesteader in the mountains of central Pennsylvania. No electricity or running water. She married my father and they had three children. My older brother and I learned to hunt from our mother. As Dad did not have patience during hunting season and the meat supported us. Mom also deer hunted with her lever action Marlin 444. My brother and I followed her toting a 222 bolt action before graduating to a Marlin lever action 30-30.

My mom also taught me to fish for trout in limestone stream in front of our home. In the winter, she would awake hours before sunrise to drive me six miles upstream so that I could walk back downstream checking traps before school. As a child, she worked on the family farm and in the local orchards. As an adult, worked in a poultry processing plant, a shoe factory, and electronics manufacturing before becoming disabled from tuberculosis. Later in life, she supported the family as an antique dealer. There is fine line between antique and junk dealers.

Today marks 50 years after the Paris Accord ended the Vietnam war. A war where my father was an Army infantry soldier. While he survived the enemy, agent orange herbicide exposure likely caused his Parkinson's and Pancreatic Diseases. He passed on Veterans Day 2021. I wrote about him on this forum and received much needed prayers and support from many fine members here.

She loved the outdoors and my folks built a home in the mountains on a portion of her parents homestead. She taught youth and adult bible studies for over 50 years. She and my father started a volunteers in mission program after my father retired where they traveled extensively in the aftermath of natural disasters to rebuild homes and lives. My mother was kind, caring, and helpful especially for those less fortunate wherever she found them. Words of encouragement continued even after she was bed ridden. If you met my mother, she would ask about you with genuine concern and leave you with a blessing of faith, hope, and love. My prayer today is for each of us to encourage those we meet along our life's journey. Amen

Snake

What a tribute to your mom ! Seems to me she lead a really full life and should be seeing her treasures she's laid up in her Heavenly home soon .

Dear Heavenly Father coming humbly before your mighty throne of grace asking for one of our own's mother mentioned here and one you surely know. Please touch her so that when her time is near so that it be without pain and welcome her into your loving arms . Please surround her family with your comforting arms and show them that she is in that peace you speak of in your word . No more troubling thoughts or pain of this world but everlasting peace . Thank you for access to your mighty throne through your precious Son giving you all the praise, glory and honor. I will gladly ask this prayer in the precious mighty name of our Savior Jesus Christ amen.

Chiflyguy

Mom is passing away today. Three children, 17 grandchildren and 22 great grandchildren in 78 short years. She has been in hospice care for the last week. My wife, my sister, and BIL have been with me at her bedside. While the emotional swings are difficult, mom's final journey is like a marathon. As her faculties and strength fade, her body fights on.

She grew up as the youngest daughter of a homesteader in the mountains of central Pennsylvania. No electricity or running water. She married my father and they had three children. My older brother and I learned to hunt from our mother. As Dad did not have patience during hunting season and the meat supported us. Mom also deer hunted with her lever action Marlin 444. My brother and I followed her toting a 222 bolt action before graduating to a Marlin lever action 30-30.

My mom also taught me to fish for trout in limestone stream in front of our home. In the winter, she would awake hours before sunrise to drive me six miles upstream so that I could walk back downstream checking traps before school. As a child, she worked on the family farm and in the local orchards. As an adult, worked in a poultry processing plant, a shoe factory, and electronics manufacturing before becoming disabled from tuberculosis. Later in life, she supported the family as an antique dealer. There is fine line between antique and junk dealers.

Today marks 50 years after the Paris Accord ended the Vietnam war. A war where my father was an Army infantry soldier. While he survived the enemy, agent orange herbicide exposure likely caused his Parkinson's and Pancreatic Diseases. He passed on Veterans Day 2021. I wrote about him on this forum and received much needed prayers and support from many fine members here.

She loved the outdoors and my folks built a home in the mountains on a portion of her parents homestead. She taught youth and adult bible studies for over 50 years. She and my father started a volunteers in mission program after my father retired where they traveled extensively in the aftermath of natural disasters to rebuild homes and lives. My mother was kind, caring, and helpful especially for those less fortunate wherever she found them. Words of encouragement continued even after she was bed ridden. If you met my mother, she would ask about you with genuine concern and leave you with a blessing of faith, hope, and love. My prayer today is for each of us to encourage those we meet along our life's journey. Amen
Sent you a message so not to derail your thread.
But…..
Take comfort in the fact that she will join your dad.
That's all my mom wanted.

41Magnum

Prayers to you and your family Sir in this difficult time. What a legacy she is leaving behind for your family to follow.
I will leave you with this that I read many years ago and have never forgotten it:
" Weep for your loved ones, but only briefly, but rejoice!, for they have entered the kingdom of Heaven and their eyes have looked upon the face of God"

May the God give you and your family peace in this difficult time,

Keith

Latest posts