Minnow tank

lung-buster

Was bored today and had 3 dozen minnows left from last week and decided to make them a short term home instead of turning the loose. Got 2 five inch bubble rocks going. Goin to pick up a filter next and make me one more tank also. Going to use frozen bottles for this summer or find an old chest freezer and tweek the thermostat.
C8A33C93-2EB0-42FA-8A4C-793CEB828711-36341-00002B222F8D7FF3.jpg

TNLynn

I have had bad luck cooling the water in the summer. They do great until you put them on a hook and throw them in hot water. Most crappie minnows will do fine in a shady spot without cooling as long as they are areated and most of the water is changed every few days.

B.D.

I've got a 300 gallon stock tank in my garage that has been converted into a giant bait tank. I used to use it to keep live stonerollers and crawfish before I got into fly fishing and stopped using bait very often. You could keep every crappie minnow in the state alive in that thing. I haven't used it in a long time though.

bd

catman529

B.D. said:
I've got a 300 gallon stock tank in my garage that has been converted into a giant bait tank. I used to use it to keep live stonerollers and crawfish before I got into fly fishing and stopped using bait very often. You could keep every crappie minnow in the state alive in that thing. I haven't used it in a long time though.

bd
good to hear from you again, would you ever sell that tank? not that I have the room for it though... wishful thinking. Usually easier for me to catch bait right before I go fishing anyway.

ClubHead

A cold creek works better than anything.I have one of those Troll and Flow minnow buckets that I put in the creek when done fishing for the day.They usually keep for a month plus.

Latest posts