Middle and East tn waterfowlers?

QuackWack86

I'm new to east tn this year as well. I lived in west tn before moving here and grew up hunting in alabama, so I've been hunting ducks a long time. I have been reading what you all are saying about east tn waterfowling, and I too am in jc. We actually have a farm right on Boone lake. Spent some time goose hunting durin these early seasons, and saw more ducks than what I was expecting, but still not a whole lot.

My question is, are most of these ducks locals? And when Boone lake gets down all the way, how bad does it hurt the waterfowl numbers?

I actually could have got close to limiting out during these goose hunts, even saw some blue wing teal and coots as well which is a good sign. I will def agree with these other guys though, from my experiences. . Scouting is extremely important. I kept my call with during the goose hunts, an was practicing up by calling at the ducks I saw. I actually had several mallard pairs and those teal respond beautifully to the call. They even landed in our goose decoys. This is good, but as the season comes and they get called at more they will become much more leery to respond. Especially inexperienced callers, so keep that in mind.

Latest posts