Middle and East tn waterfowlers?

rukiddin

Used to. Not worth it. Now I just drive to West tn or to a lease in NC. Hunt smarter not harder...........

krazykarl_13

2-Step Enabled
I goose hunted some in middle tn. I am in grad school at ETSU right now. I would love to get in on some hunts if anyone needs an extra. I am not experienced by no means though but would love to learn. I have my stoeger up here and can bring my waders next time I go back home.

tn_duckman

krazykarl_13 said:
I goose hunted some in middle tn. I am in grad school at ETSU right now. I would love to get in on some hunts if anyone needs an extra. I am not experienced by no means though but would love to learn. I have my stoeger up here and can bring my waders next time I go back home.
Im in johnson city im sure we could get you on a few hunts with us.

krazykarl_13

2-Step Enabled
sounds good buddy. i'd really appreciate it. my layout blind and waders are at home. i'll get them up here though. the geese have been going crazy flying over my apartment and around the VA campus the past few days.

pathfindr92

Hey karl,

Dr. Robertson in the biology dept is a big waterfowler. If you're over in Brown Hall you might hit him up for some help, too.

I've got a couple of old dekes I'd be willing to part with if you need some while you're here in case you want to do any solo hunting. 2-3 will normally work for river/creek or small pond hunts here. I'm about 2 min from etsu.

tn duckman,

I've hunted ducks here for almost 20 yrs. As holstonangler said, it sure gets tough, but I love to hunt 'em. I hunt Boone and the Nolichucky.

tn_duckman

Pathfindr,

I hunt boone and the watauga river and up toward bluff city. Ive got some ponds we hunt when the weathers right.

We found a few new spots this year that look like they will work out pretty good for us.

Ive seen more ducks so far this year then i have the last few years so hopefully that continues during the season.

pathfindr92

A man needs ponds to hunt around here til it freezes up. From what I hear, this yr is supposed to be the peak # before the populations take a nosedive. If it had gotten cold last yr I think we'd have done well. Hope it gets good and cold with some snow cover up north this time around.

krazykarl_13

2-Step Enabled
Thanks for the info pathfinder. I am still learning the ropes on duck hunting. We have a corn maze back home that we goose hunt on after they harvest. I usually don't call; still working on getting everything down. I have my waders and shotgun up here now. Need to get my layout up next time I go home. Doubt I'll be doing any solo hunting this year.

tn_duckman

We have good luck on the river and ponds before the everything freezes but like you said we need some good cold weather to do good but ive got high hopes for this season.

Pathfinder maybe we can get together and kill a few this season

Latest posts