mexican cheese dip (restraunt style)

BigAl

Try this one. This is more like the chili's queuso dip.

1 block of velveeta (cut into cubes)
1 pkg cream cheese
1 can Rotel tomatoes (if you can find the can of rotel chili fixins, use it)
Optional
1 can chili with no beans (Hormel is good)
or
1 lb sausage (hot or mild)

If you don't find the rotel chili fixins, add chili powder

Small crock pot works best

JimFromTN

I have a freind that asked at one of the mexican rsturants how they make it. I think he said it was white american cheese, which I have only seen at walmart or in the deli, cummin, milk, and jalapenos. Melt the cheese, stir in a little milk at a time until you get the consistency you like, add a tsp cummin, and as much finely chopped jalapeano as you can stand.

BIGORANGE

BigAl said:
Try this one. This is more like the chili's queuso dip.

1 block of velveeta (cut into cubes)
1 pkg cream cheese
1 can Rotel tomatoes (if you can find the can of rotel chili fixins, use it)
Optional
1 can chili with no beans (Hormel is good)
or
1 lb sausage (hot or mild)

If you don't find the rotel chili fixins, add chili powder

Small crock pot works best
Sounds good I will have to try this. I have never used the cream cheese in it. :cool:

KANATI McD

found a recipe on another site, tried it last night, this is as close as it gets to what i was looking for......i left out the onion and olive oil, it was great!!!!!!
bigal....that sounds good, gonna have to try it

Killer White Cheese Dip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:

�1/4 cup butter
�1/4 cup white flour
�2 cups whole milk
�1 tsp. ground cumin
�8 oz. canned chopped green chiles, like Chile Ortegas, drained
�1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
�3 cloves garlic, minced
�2 tsp. olive oil
�2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded, deveined, and finely chopped OR 1 to 2 canned chipotle chiles chopped
�8 oz. monterey jack or asadero cheese, grated
�salt to taste
�fresh ground pepper to taste

Directions:

First saute onion in olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes over medium heat. Stir frequently to prevent burning.

Add the garlic, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 5 min. Set aside.

Have all your other ingredients ready to go. Grate that cheese, measure out that flour and butter.

Chop up those jalapeno or chipotle chiles and measure out your milk.

Having everything pre measured and ready to go into the recipe will make things much more organized and easier for you.

The first thing we are going to do is make a roux.

Grab your 2 quart sauce pan and melt the butter over very low heat. We don't want to see a lot of bubbles going on in melting the butter. Just a gentle melting.

Once the butter is just melted, add the flour and stir with a whisk to blend it together.

Turn the heat up just a little bit so that you can see the flour/butter mixture slightly bubbling. Stir constantly for 1 minute.

Now add a little milk while continuing to stir with the whisk. Add the rest of the milk and turn the heat up to medium.

Continue to whisk for about 5 to 10 minutes. You will notice the sauce thickening.

Turn the heat down just a little and add the cumin, onion and garlic mixture, the green chiles, and the jalapeno/chipotle chiles. Stir until well mixed and hot.

Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir.

Turn off the heat and add the grated cheese, one handful at a time.

Stir each handful in with the whisk until melted. Keep adding handfuls and stirring until all the cheese is mixed in and creamy.

Now you get to taste it. Does it need more salt? More heat? You can still stir it in at this time.

Serve immediately.

If you have one of those small crockpots or fondue pots, that would work well to keep this white cheese dip warm.

Serve with tortilla chips. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.

Enjoy!

Big J

Here is the exact recipe.

Block of white american cheese. (as much as you want to make).

Put a cup of milk into a pan and start adding cubes you have cut up.

Stir on medium heat with a whisk until you get the consistancy you want. I go a little runny as it firms up.

Just keep adding cheese and milk till it looks like it should.

Your Done!

This is how it is made period!

Latest posts