Meat!!

bigtex

After a miserable year last year with very few deer sightings and zero buck sightings this year is starting out better.
I didn't see any bucks during the archery season but did see a doe or two on every sit. I don't have any trouble with someone shooting does, i know it is a valuable management tool where needed. I've done it and have no regrets but on property where does were plentiful. On my property where the deer population is small I just don't do it. All this to say I love venison and try to put a couple in the freezer every year and have no problem shooting any buck I am fortunate to see on my property. A buck with a nice set of antlers is nice for sure and i've been blessed to have killed more than a few over the years, but my number one priority is meat for the freezer.
I was fortunate yesterday evening to kill this 2.5 year old seven point, not a monster by any means but I was tickled to take him, I would of shot him if he had just been a spike. I still have another buck tag and I might be a little more "picky" on the next one but on the other hand.............maybe not lol. .

Attachments

• 7 point.jpg
    7 point.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 891

bwgarrett3

Meat in the freezer is just as good as a head on the wall sometimes. It's all about what means the most to you.