Me & Priscilla Chase Crappie

rsimms

I had a craving for some fresh crappie... and to go fishing with my daughter, Priscilla. Got to do both on Sunday. :grin:

Started fishing about 7:15. It was not fast or furious... but we just kept nickel & diming them. Two here, three there and four over there.... some on bluffs, some on docks.

Tried a couple other colors, but I think every crappie was caught on a blue/pearl assassin. But I was rubbing on a little garlic "smell-me-good."

Most amazing to me... almost every fish was quality! By 11:30 we'd caught 25... a half-dozen throwbacks, but we brought home 19.

Seventeen of them were 12-inches-plus... a few of those 14-inches-plus... and all fat as butterballs. Got home, cleaned 'em and threw some straight into the frying pan. That means life is good and gettin' better every day.

nov_crappie2.jpg

nov_crappie3.jpg

nov_crappie4.jpg

Kirk

Re: Me & Priscilla Chase Crappie

I saw that new beard you are sporting and thought it was Bowriter for a second. :D

Hope to get out with you soon.

KENBOB10

rsimms said:
Kirk said:
I saw that new beard you are sporting and thought it was Bowriter for a second. :D

Hope to get out with you soon.

I'm even better looking than normal... right?
Glad to see you covering up a little of that ugly. :D
And thanks goodness your lovely daughter takes after her mama. :grin:

4onaside

When I read the title of this post, I think of Elvis! I can just hear him saying that. lol

Latest posts