Maybe this will pass

JagwalCrush

IMHO a good solution to all of these problems is to eliminate ALL blinds completely and open all lands up for first come first serve.
Or……. Draw for sites and dates on each wma like is done at White Oak (Lebanon Pond). No blinds, only marked sites. Take your boat, decoys, and hunt. See who really wants to hunt where that way.

Dodge Man

IMHO a good solution to all of these problems is to eliminate ALL blinds completely and open all lands up for first come first serve.
I would bet if there were not blinds at all there would be less people hunting. It would also turn into a boat race like AR for the top spots. Also would have people camping out to hold the best spot for the whole season.

JagwalCrush

I would bet if there were not blinds at all there would be less people hunting. It would also turn into a boat race like AR for the top spots. Also would have people camping out to hold the best spot for the whole season.
That's the reason they went to the site .and dates draw at White Oak. It's worked fairly well there since

UpperTully

Or……. Draw for sites and dates on each wma like is done at White Oak (Lebanon Pond). No blinds, only marked sites. Take your boat, decoys, and hunt. See who really wants to hunt where that way.
That's the very thing I'm against... quota hunt's aren't the answer to everything.
That's merely an assumption. I'd wager if this happened it wouldn't be to that level. If enforcement was up to par, then the camping out issue could be fixed as easily as trespassing in these teir 2 blinds. As far as boat races, I predominantly hunt the Miss and Hatchie River when the water is up and never seen a boat race in Tennessee equivalent to the Arkansas.

Dodge Man

That's the very thing I'm against... quota hunt's aren't the answer to everything.

That's merely an assumption. I'd wager if this happened it wouldn't be to that level. If enforcement was up to par, then the camping out issue could be fixed as easily as trespassing in these teir 2 blinds. As far as boat races, I predominantly hunt the Miss and Hatchie River when the water is up and never seen a boat race in Tennessee equivalent to the Arkansas.
I am talking about locations like Reelfoot, Gooch and Tigrett. Those places would definitely have boat races, people sitting in a hole 24-7 all 60 days, and all kinds of other issues if it was first come. I know that is the reason Crockett and a few other places went from first come to draw sites only. They were having issues with people parking trucks on the ramps, fights, vehicles damaged, people sitting boats all night to hold a hole.

cmn

I am talking about locations like Reelfoot, Gooch and Tigrett. Those places would definitely have boat races, people sitting in a hole 24-7 all 60 days, and all kinds of other issues if it was first come. I know that is the reason Crockett and a few other places went from first come to draw sites only. They were having issues with people parking trucks on the ramps, fights, vehicles damaged, people sitting boats all night to hold a hole.
I used to spend the night in a hole on public ground in Mississippi. What a dummy in my younger years

Displaced_Vol

To me this all goes back to they tried to fix a problem that didn't need fixing in the first place.
That's not very constructive but it highlights the importance of stopping this crap before it takes hold because now the tooth paste is out of the tube and they'll make a bigger mess trying to get it back inside.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
To me this all goes back to they tried to fix a problem that didn't need fixing in the first place.
That's not very constructive but it highlights the importance of stopping this crap before it takes hold because now the tooth paste is out of the tube and they'll make a bigger mess trying to get it back inside.
EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!
Wish they had the balls to say, look we f'd up and we are putting it back like it was.

JagwalCrush

AGREE!
EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!
Wish they had the balls to say, look we f'd up and we are putting it back like it was.
AGREE! But that won't ever happen.

drake799

Ain't that the freakin truth. It was so simple when by noon on the first Saturday in August you knew if you had a place to hunt or not on public ground. My gosh it was so simple and easy compared to what we have now. I never once sat at the draw and heard anyone say " man I wish I was sittin at home right now". You could feel the excitement in the air!!!! Leave it to a handful to take that from us.

woodswise

Here's the thing, if they pass the LAW and it doesn't work, another legislator will have to propose a new LAW to take it off the books. It then has to clear committee, be passed by both houses, and signed by a governor instead of going through the commission.

Didn't the system just get blown up over blinds being sold? And now we want to make it law that certain blinds will be sold? If I buy a blind, how do you force me to bring hunters with me? Maybe me and 4 friends just buy one for $10k and enjoy our 60 days? Just because I have a guide license doesn't mean I have to guide anyone. Then where's the economic impact?

The agency can create new tier 2 blinds already but where are they going to put them?

Y'all are so mad you'll make a deal with the devil right now
AMEN!

mike243

If they go back to making the draws in person then they need to make all of the draws in the state for deer or turkey the same. putting the burden of travel will restrict a lot of folks except locals from applying imo. Probably should have been changed a lot of years ago and the bugs would have been worked out by now, not sure how long or if it will get corrected any time soon.

Dodge Man

I don't think they would have ever got the online draw pushed through the way they did without the Covid restrictions at the time in 2020. They tried it in 2019 and it was quickly shot down and kept in person draw.

Westtnduckhtr

Here's the thing, if they pass the LAW and it doesn't work, another legislator will have to propose a new LAW to take it off the books. It then has to clear committee, be passed by both houses, and signed by a governor instead of going through the commission.

Didn't the system just get blown up over blinds being sold? And now we want to make it law that certain blinds will be sold? If I buy a blind, how do you force me to bring hunters with me? Maybe me and 4 friends just buy one for $10k and enjoy our 60 days? Just because I have a guide license doesn't mean I have to guide anyone. Then where's the economic impact?

The agency can create new tier 2 blinds already but where are they going to put them?

Y'all are so mad you'll make a deal with the devil right now
I agree how is selling blinds going to ensure that they are going to be used to guide? I already own a farm over there I hunt on, will just get some buddies and buy a blind to hunt for the year, gives me more choices as to where I hunt.
This should never be allowed to happen.

Latest posts