MARLIN 308

Tiny

IMO From what I've read on it to date.Haven't shot one and likely won't anytime soon.

PRO-Gives the Marlin 336 and similar lever actions 308 performace and gun nuts something to talk about play with ect.

Con- They get 308 Win peferomance with special powders only used in factory loads along with Hornadys new bullet design for the leveractions.A handloader isn't likely to match the factory ammo ballistics any time soon due to this.Both may change down the road I hope so.

So if one likes and perfers Marlins,dosen't mind staying with factory ammo,for the time being, to get the best out of it,wants one, Go For It. Opinions be danged.

Personally,If I wanted 308 Win Performance in a Lever Action Rifle I think I would go with it it in the Browning BLR.

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
Almost the same thing was tried before with the 307 Winchester and it didn't last. I can't see why this one would be any different. The 307 and 356 Winchester were stablemates. I searched and finally found a 356 Winchester after seeing several 307s at gun shows just because I wanted one in that caliber. If you want one get it and enjoy it, but understand those drawbacks. It's the same idea revisited for marketing.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
The ammo is expensive. I'm a lever action man and considered this gun for awhile . I like to shoot alot. I decided the ammo was way too expensive. Some of the new 30-30 ammo will get you out to 200 yards.
Have you looked at the Browning BLR lever action ?? It is clip fed and uses regular ammo.

kasey

i like the lever action. i have a lever action marlin 30-30 and love it.i was just asking about the 308 because i seen it in field and stream

Latest posts