MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!

PO Cedar

May 2nd,3rd,4th- 11th ANNUAL TN. CLASSIC--For you guys and gals that are curious about traditional equipment,want to try several brands,both longbows and recurves,possibly want to buy a used one, OR make your very own selfbow from scratch---this is the one!!! It is close to Nashville-out I-24 towards Clarksville,turn at Exit 19 off I -24,go west a mile until the road stops. You're on Hwy.#41-take a right towards Clarksville. Go about 5-6 miles and look for the "Twin Oaks" bowshoot sign on the left side of Hwy#41.Turn left and follow the remaining signs right into the "rendevous. There will be vendors with bows,arrows,archery equipment-primitive camping,food at the large Pavillion. "Picking and grinning" at night so if you are musically inclined bring your banjos,geetars,mandolin,harmonicas and join in. This event is family oriented and kids are welcome-Several made their own bows and had them ready by Sunday to shoot a round. Registration includes unlimited shooting at the practice course for the weekend. THIS IS A TRADITIONAL ARCHERY RENDEVOUS ONLY-please do not show up with compound bows or crossbows for this event. Anticipated attendance should be close to 400-500 folks so come out and mingle. There will be several novelty shoot targets set up. COME WITH THE MINDSET YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE FUUUUUUNNNNN and I promise you won't be dissappointed!!!If you have any questions-contact [email protected]...SEE YA THERE!!

PO Cedar

Just the registration fee to shoot. No charge for the camping,music,fellowship. A person does pay for the stave he/she chooses to make a selfbow with. The hands on instruction is free along with use of the woodshop. A campfire will be going all weekend by the shop so lots of whittling,piddling,and swapping lies have been known to occur at that location. Several vendors will be set up to sell traditonal equipment. They will have used bows of all kinds for sale and a person can take one over to the practice area and fling a few to get the feel. They throw a big meal on Saturday night under the pavillion.Mark said they had about 30 shoulders ready to cook up. Old Timer, you drive up and look me up and I'll take care of your entry fee. I plan on being there sometime in the middle of the week. About 12 vendors have committed to show up and set up booths. Lone Wolf,Cedar Ridge Leather(back quivers by Art Vincent),Steve Kitchens will be there with his many used bows,accessories... several other bowyers,Sipsey River....

PO Cedar

Bowbuilding.jpg

PO Cedar

All these pics were from the 2005 Classic and most of the attendees were on the range shooting. The event has grown leaps and bounds each year and attendees will be coming in from all over. Last year one attendee traveled from Germany. Many Yankees come down to see how good life is here in TN. In fact Mark has trouble getting some of them to go back home after the weekend.LOL

Old Timer

Gosh. If it ain't crossbows it's Yankees!
But guess that's not too big a problem as I can speak pretty good Yankee if pushed to it. Married an ole gal from NY and can translate if necessary.

Don't know that I'll try to compete but enjoy hangin with archers in any case. Will be there if I can.

PO Cedar

You can hang around my booth and we can talk about the good ole days--I'll probably shoot the practice range several times during my stay. Its open all weekend and can be shot as much as a registrant wants to shoot it. Come on up!

PO Cedar

NEXT FRIDAY,SATURDAY,SUNDAY---or get there earlier and get started on you or your child's selfbow so it can be shot at the tournament later. SEE YA THERE!!!

Latest posts