How fast is your bow in the real world?

babyishcare

The IBO standard quickly gained acceptance, mainly because consumers simply didn't understand the difference between the two rating systems. If you started talking about all the kinetic energy a high AMO rating portends, all but the most informed would shake their head and beg you to keep it simple. Consumers assume that when manufacturers give a complex answer, they're usually seeking to deceive. /

UTGrad

I like to shoot a fast bow not to sling light arrows at fast speeds but to shoot heavier arrows 280 fps +. My Hoyt Nitrum Turbo shoots a 450 grain arrow 285 fps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Headhunter

mattmillard510":13ffdwrd said:
285 fps with a 508gr arrow. That's not the average setup though.

Headhunter you must have a 30" draw and 350 ibo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are pretty close. Only thing i have to adjust to is my brace height is short, 6", so that has taken some practice, but I shoot as good with this bow as I have with any other bow I have ever owned. It is for sure quick and best is it is quiet.

Carnage

RobbyW":1vey9pqw said:
9103a9b74e46f811ea0bf948efda37a7.jpg

I don't know how fast mine is, but I bet it's faster than these guy's

I am always amazed how many guys sell their 1 to 2 year old bow to get a little faster. Mine does the job well enough

You talking about me again Robby??? :)

my Elite synergy is pretty slow... 420 grain arrow at 277fps but i have a new obsession defcon that's about 315 with the same arrow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RobbyW

Carnage":2u9zloyo said:
RobbyW":2u9zloyo said:
9103a9b74e46f811ea0bf948efda37a7.jpg

I don't know how fast mine is, but I bet it's faster than these guy's

I am always amazed how many guys sell their 1 to 2 year old bow to get a little faster. Mine does the job well enough

You talking about me again Robby??? :)

my Elite synergy is pretty slow... 420 grain arrow at 277fps but i have a new obsession defcon that's about 315 with the same arrow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No you're that way with cars, not bows

Jmed

My '17 Hoyt Carbon defiant at 28.5' draw. 73lbs. with a 415 grain arrow chrono'd at 278fps. I zipped a 2" shwacker straight through the antelope and the whitetail I shot in Montana in September. The lightness and the maneuverability as well as smooth draw attracted me to the bow and it shoots good groups out to 80

Latest posts