Mans first motocross race ever

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
MAN talk about a LONG day.
We got there about 1:30 and didn't register till about 2:30 and practice didn't start till like 4:00.
Sat there the whole time and had the practice schedule written down and all of a sudden I see an 85 go by on the track.
:mad:
They put them in two classes early and apparently we didn't hear them announce it.
So he had to take his ONE practice lap in the late bike round.
His first moto he did good, but he was a little slow on his exits of the turns.
He did manage to NOT come in last. :)
Here are some pics.
Little nervous
nervous.jpg

Just about time.
time.jpg

His first lap.
lap.jpg

Can you say, suspension squat?
squat.jpg

Lay it down boy !
turn.jpg

Start of the longest straight away. Notice the wrist, hee hee
wrist.jpg

This picture says it all right here. Best father's day present ever. First time he has ever raced and he has been marking off days on his calendar for two months till today.
We got over 3 inches of rain last night and due to alot of hard work BEFORE the rain the track conditions were perfect. Alot of things had to fall in place for him to even race today and to top it all off he placed 5th in the main to score a TROPHY !
He was racing a crf 150 in the 85 beginner class.
You would think he could at least hang with those bikes but it was really no contest. He didn't have the take off they did and I honestly think their top end was ALOT faster than his as well.
He hung in there, knew what he had to do and did it.
Ain't been this happy since he killed his first deer. (me, not him) hee hee
thumb.jpg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Sidenote, the kid in the arai helment just past man was riding a yamaha and I honest to goodness don't think I could have beat him around that track on my wr400.
Kid was greased lightning, smooth as silk and he rode that bike like he stole it.
That kid will be VERY good later on if he sticks with it.
He lapped man on his last lap. :eek:

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
That's cool as all get out Ruger. You are getting ready to start down a dark expensive path now :) Glad man had fun...cause that's what its all about!

JThuntsalot

Where was you guys racing at. It looks familier. It is a great thing for a kid to do. I raced 4 wheelers for 6 years and then swapped to a CRF250 then a CRF 450 loved both of them. But I was alot better on 4 than 2 finished 2nd at Lorretta's in b class on the quad.