Make a turkey call / How To video

A

Anonymous

Dont get me wrong ther not extremely hard but it does take some practice, but then again maybe its just me because my lips are kinda big, I have to pay attention about put'n to much presure on the reed and change'n the sound.
I have to turn the call upside down to get the sound I want, same thing with open reed coyote howlers, but its taught me how to get even more sounds from the tube, you learn from experimenting with them.
The call I have is a primos, the latex is prefabricated so it just slips over the end of the call and the tension cant be adjusted so this mite make a difference in the sound, but it sounds very life like.

A

Anonymous

I just went back and watched you you tube demo, your do'n fine,no worries man, you got the yelps down, and the call has a natural tone to it, good stuff.

Learn all ya can with it, just keep play'n with it, different amount of preasure on the reed, turn it side ways a little, do like I do and turn it upside down and use your other lip, cant go wrong with practice.

Good job man.

catman529

Appalachia said:
Dont get me wrong ther not extremely hard but it does take some practice, but then again maybe its just me because my lips are kinda big, I have to pay attention about put'n to much presure on the reed and change'n the sound.
I have to turn the call upside down to get the sound I want, same thing with open reed coyote howlers, but its taught me how to get even more sounds from the tube, you learn from experimenting with them.
The call I have is a primos, the latex is prefabricated so it just slips over the end of the call and the tension cant be adjusted so this mite make a difference in the sound, but it sounds very life like.
Reminds me of a youtube video of a guy doing a pill container tube call and he held it upside down....wasn't you was it?
Appalachia said:
I just went back and watched you you tube demo, your do'n fine,no worries man, you got the yelps down, and the call has a natural tone to it, good stuff.

Learn all ya can with it, just keep play'n with it, different amount of preasure on the reed, turn it side ways a little, do like I do and turn it upside down and use your other lip, cant go wrong with practice.

Good job man.

Thanks I appreciate it...can't get enough practice, still working on the yelps but especially the purrs and kee kees.